Yallambee(Bundanoon)(Great Value!)
Bundanoon Hotel(Bundanoon)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$73
  • Pool
Bundanoon Country Inn Motel(Bundanoon)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Bundanoon Lodge(Bundanoon)
Ferndale B&B(Bundanoon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspa treatmentsexercise classesmorton national parkswedish massagemy day stayfitness levelsrooms are smallheated poolno pressuredietary requirementsenjoyed my staygreat activitiespure blissenjoyed the companykitchen staffrepeat customersnsw australia
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I visited Solar Springs with a group of friends for a 60th birthday celebration / pamper week. What a treat!! Solar Springs Health Retreat is looking a little tired, but it didn't deter from a fabulous 3 days with them. We (group of 4 women) stayed in the cottage at the front of the Retreat. We had a bedroom each, all with private facilities. The rooms faced onto an enclosed verandah, solely for the use of those staying in the Cottage. The two middle rooms do not have windows, but they do have a skylight for natural lighting - the bathrooms in these two rooms are basic but adequate. The end rooms are larger, have windows and a larger bathroom. Unfortunately, the local council were working on the water outside the retreat when we were there, so hot water was limited. I viewed some of the other rooms at the Retreat. Some have private facilities, but most have shared facilities. The restaurant, and the food were spectacular. Fresh produce, wholesome health meals. The therapists, treatments, classes and overall serenity of the place really helped me to relax very quickly. We rose every morning with a stretch class, followed by breakfast, a bush walk, back for aquarobics, lunch and then either a treatment, a sleep, or another gym class in the afternoon. Following dinner, we did a meditation every night and then back to the room for a peaceful sleep. I really 'chilled out' in the 3 days I was there. Solar Springs is about a 4 minute walk from the little town of Bundanoon which has some nice coffee shops and little shops. We opted not to drink alcohol when we were there, however they do offer a wine list at dinner ... and even coffee if you want it. Whilst catering for dietary requirements (I am celiac and require gluten free), there is a good selection of all food types. I have stayed at other places that only offer vegetarian, so having fish, chicken or meat is a nice option. Bundanoon itself is close to Morton National Park - and the bushwalking options offered by the retreat, in the park, are quite beautiful. The air is fresh. A nice escape to rejuvenate yourself!

Room Tip: If you don't like sharing a bathroom, make sure you get a room with a private ensuite
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Meredith D
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Not a great experience I felt like my 1hr swedish massage which cost $105 was only about 30 to 40mins, if that. Massage therapist was late, she was rushed in massage and stuffed around a bit with lotions etc, left room to go to bathroom, and then finished early. I did not think it was a great massage and didn't feel relaxed when leaving, I actually felt annoyed. My sisters and mother had great treatments but i wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I've lost count of the number of times I've been to Solar Springs over the years. So many that it feels almost like a second home. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is just wonderful (especially the little treats at 4pm). You can do as much or as little as you like and there's no pressure to do anything you don't want to do (well, maybe some friendly peer pressure from fellow guests!).

The rooms may be small (the building is an old guest house, built in a time where ensuites weren't a thing) and the room decor may be a little dated, but you spend so little time in your room that it really doesn't matter.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ensuite if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank JulieBSydney
Reviewed 2 May 2017

A friend and myself spent 2 nights and 3 days here , staff are wonderful, rooms are small but exceptionally clean and beds are very comfortable . Food is good , but might not be to everyone's taste, as it's a fixed menu with no alternative offered .classes are great, walks amazing, especially the glow worm glen.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank kerryd36
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I recently had 4 heavenly days at the Solar Springs Health Retreat. It has does wonders for me! There is a program of activities on offer each day - varied in type and degree of fitness levels needed. The meals are fantastic - healthy, yummy and quite cosmopolitan. When I first visited 20 years ago the food was strictly vegetarian; now it includes fish, seafood and poultry. Wine is on offer of an evening too! There are quite a lot of beauty and massage treatments available at varying costs as well as lifestyle consultations. There is also the wonderful gardens and heated pool to laze around in. Well worth a stay!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a share bathroom but there are some with their own.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo