“Two night stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bundanoon
Solar Springs Health Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bundanoon
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from spending 2 nights at Solar Springs It was a lovely experience and all the staff are great very friendly and approachable The food was excellent fresh and tasty I enjoyed the walks and classes provided My room was comfortable and the bathroom close by
A great place to relax and in a beautiful setting

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Karen10401

Reviewed 11 June 2017

It's always marvellous to return to Solar. Great activities; such as bush walks, yoga, exercise classes. Delicious food and amazing valley views. Guests can choose to be very active or relax and be pampered with all the nurturing spa treatments. Thanks again to all the wonderful Solar Springs team!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Charles G
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I visited Solar Springs with a group of friends for a 60th birthday celebration / pamper week. What a treat!! Solar Springs Health Retreat is looking a little tired, but it didn't deter from a fabulous 3 days with them. We (group of 4 women) stayed in the cottage at the front of the Retreat. We had a bedroom each, all with private facilities. The rooms faced onto an enclosed verandah, solely for the use of those staying in the Cottage. The two middle rooms do not have windows, but they do have a skylight for natural lighting - the bathrooms in these two rooms are basic but adequate. The end rooms are larger, have windows and a larger bathroom. Unfortunately, the local council were working on the water outside the retreat when we were there, so hot water was limited. I viewed some of the other rooms at the Retreat. Some have private facilities, but most have shared facilities. The restaurant, and the food were spectacular. Fresh produce, wholesome health meals. The therapists, treatments, classes and overall serenity of the place really helped me to relax very quickly. We rose every morning with a stretch class, followed by breakfast, a bush walk, back for aquarobics, lunch and then either a treatment, a sleep, or another gym class in the afternoon. Following dinner, we did a meditation every night and then back to the room for a peaceful sleep. I really 'chilled out' in the 3 days I was there. Solar Springs is about a 4 minute walk from the little town of Bundanoon which has some nice coffee shops and little shops. We opted not to drink alcohol when we were there, however they do offer a wine list at dinner ... and even coffee if you want it. Whilst catering for dietary requirements (I am celiac and require gluten free), there is a good selection of all food types. I have stayed at other places that only offer vegetarian, so having fish, chicken or meat is a nice option. Bundanoon itself is close to Morton National Park - and the bushwalking options offered by the retreat, in the park, are quite beautiful. The air is fresh. A nice escape to rejuvenate yourself!

Room Tip: If you don't like sharing a bathroom, make sure you get a room with a private ensuite
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Meredith D
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Not a great experience I felt like my 1hr swedish massage which cost $105 was only about 30 to 40mins, if that. Massage therapist was late, she was rushed in massage and stuffed around a bit with lotions etc, left room to go to bathroom, and then finished early. I did not think it was a great massage and didn't feel relaxed when leaving, I actually felt annoyed. My sisters and mother had great treatments but i wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I've lost count of the number of times I've been to Solar Springs over the years. So many that it feels almost like a second home. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is just wonderful (especially the little treats at 4pm). You can do as much or as little as you like and there's no pressure to do anything you don't want to do (well, maybe some friendly peer pressure from fellow guests!).

The rooms may be small (the building is an old guest house, built in a time where ensuites weren't a thing) and the room decor may be a little dated, but you spend so little time in your room that it really doesn't matter.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ensuite if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank JulieBSydney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundanoon
10.3 km away
16.9 km away
Briars Country Lodge & Inn
21.5 km away
The Sebel Bowral Heritage Park

Been to Solar Springs Health Retreat? Share your experiences!