Spa Suites at RAVEN(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Spa
Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$141
The Dudley Boutique Hotel(Hepburn Springs)
US$302
US$294
Hepburn at Hepburn(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$179
  • Spa
Hepburn Springs Motor Inn(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$70
Tangenong Cottages(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$92
Orbitz.com
  • Spa
Shizuka Ryokan Japanese Country Spa Retreat(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$170
Priceline
  • Room Service
The Hide at Mt Franklin(Mount Franklin)
US$163
Saltus Luxury Accommodation(Hepburn Springs)(Great Value!)
US$496
US$446
Priceline
All reviewsred balloongames roomtable tennisindoor poolheritage restauranthigh teacheese platterbuffet breakfastclassic styledining roomcreaky floorsgiant jenganext morningdeluxe roomheritage feelstate forestold world
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Room 202 is very noisy! This hotel is advertised as a non-smoking hotel but right outside Room 202 on the verandah is the back door and a smoking area. People go there at all hours and smoke and talk. They woke us up on at least 4 occasions in one night. The smoke entered our room - probably aided by the automatic bathroom exhaust fan that could not be switched off!
From this area there is a stairway to the rear carpark. Guests use this back entrance all the time and slam the door. The door in never locked.
The facilities at this hotel are great and the staff helpful and friendly We bought a package that included breakfast, a massage and wine tasting. The family will enjoy the lounge areas and pool and spa.
Choose the night you want to stay wisely as the price varies from $160 to $300 per night depending on the day of the week. They also have a 2 night minimum on some days.
If you want to sleep and be smoke-free, avoid Room 202!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room well away from the back door and smoking area. Avoid 200, 201 and 202.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stayed four nights. We ended upgrading to the spa room this time as the room we booked was in a bad noise area and the only other room they could offer was the upgraded room for $100 a night. (We learnt the last time we stayed that there is very noise parts of the hotel so we chose to upgrade instead). I will list what is good and bad about our stay/ about this place.
Receptionists were nice enough to deal with. After hours receptionist apologiesed to me after not being able to give me a spa bomb due to not knowing were there were and also only had one towel under the counter. ( my request was because the house cleaning team didn't replace these items.) air con was good at first but by day three it was only blowing hot air. You could also not change any settings. We told reception but got a response of sorry about that and end up opening the outside door to cool down. Reed previous comments about noise, which is very true. Also sounded like there was a elephant staying in the place. Guess we can't complain as it is a floor board problem. The biggest issue I have with this place is the restaurant. We ate the very average breakfast each morning but made the mistake of having dinner there on our last night due to a big day and needing to leave early in the morning. (So many good cafe/restaurants within walking distance from this location.) my entree was ok, not worth the money. My partner and I both ordered the seafood pasta. It only took two mouthfuls to know that the pasta was reheated and not fresh, also in pieces and the salmon was missing. On top of that my pasta had no sauce and my partners was swimmimg in olive oil which was not good quality, after we asked for a spoon. We ended up sending it back and having no dinner. There was one lady, I guess the restaurant manager that was nice enough to give as a refund on both dishes and we went back to the room with a average but expensive bottle of wine. We could have chose something else off the menu but after watching an elderly man return his meat dish and then be told to order something else we called it quiets. Oh and they did have the wine we original asked for that was on the menu. So this was the last straw. We paid over $300 a night for four nights we will not be back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lishan123
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night in February because the location and the price was good. I usually stay in a house when I’m in the area, so this is my first time in a “hotel”. I think it’ll be my last too.

While the staff are really friendly, I feel that you can get better, more private facilities and the same lovely grounds or atmosphere elsewhere.

I stayed in a standard king room. It has the basic things you need - TV, kettle, mini fridge, bed, shower. That’s all. Simple.

I also experienced: listening to my neighbours shower and TV, their snoring, their crying babies, everyone or anyone walking in the hallway on my floor and the one above. So along with the bar fridge motor, air con and the cicadas, it was a very musical night. Through earplugs no less.

Anyway...it is a lovely looking place and if you’re OK with a more homely stay amongst others, then visit. If not, stay in one of the many many others around town.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
General M, Marketing Assistant at Bellinzona Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi bobby_bat,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Bellinzona, while we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, price and customer service of Bellinzona, we are disappointed to hear that your night sleep was not pleasant. We appreciate your specific comments regarding the noise you experienced and we acknowledge that this can be an issue. Even though we have a beautifully recreated Edwardian style building unfortunately timber frame buildings can be a little noisy at times.

We hope this doesn't deter you from visiting us again at Bellinzona.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Wow, what a lovely old building with beautiful surrounds. The check in was quick and pleasant with a quick guided tour of where everything is. Parking was a little awkward only because there was a wedding on when we were checking in, therefore lots of cars around the place. The weather was hot so a room with a good air con was a blessing.
We made use of the indoor pool and sauna which is a good size. We didn't have dinner there that night so no comments on that but the next morning we had breakfast and we could not fault that at all...plenty to choose from. A couple of minor disappointments, considering the cost of the room per night the room is small, and the bar to have drinks at during the day lacked variety in beers as well as the person who was pouring the drinks was also doing many other tasks so at times you had to wait awhile to get served.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Henry C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Bellinzona.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the check in process quick & pleasant as well as having plenty to choose from at breakfast. We appreciate your feedback regarding the size of the room, the beer variety at the bar and the wait to be served as it helps us to identify areas for improvement so that we can improve our future guests stays.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The aircorn stopped working during midnight. Called reception but he couldn’t resolve the issue and didn’t offer me any alternative except to advise me to open the window. In addition, the tv didn’t have foxtel as indicated. Again I called reception earlier and again wasn’t able to resolve this issue as well. He said he’s not familiar with the tv setting. I don’t think this is acceptable in hospitality business. At least offer to switch rooms? Or provide certain discount? Or get a technician to come and look into this?
Sound proofing is also lacking. We could hear squeaking water pipe noises coming from the ceiling, squeaking floor and door noises from outside.
Dinner wasn’t great. My pasta was over cooked and soaked in oil.
Would not recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yee C
General M, Director of Sales at Bellinzona Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Yee

Thank you for taking your time to review the property, it is disappointing to hear that on this occasion we have not met the expectations of one of our guests, this is disappointing to read as the items like Foxtel are included in our bedrooms and I am investigating as to why this was not working properly during your stay.
With regards to the food, the comments have been passed onto our General Manager and Chef, again this is not something we expect at Bellinzona.

Please accept my apologies.

Regards,