“Expensive for what you get”
Review of Village Vibe Kuranda - CLOSED

Village Vibe Kuranda
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This place was right next to our parking spot and why we went! We ordered breakfast and it was alright. My toast was burnt, but as others have indicated, there is only one person working there. It was a bit slower but mostly I wouldn't go back because of how much it was- we had dinner for 10 dollars cheaper later that day and got much more food.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Walking past the cafe provided us with so much hope, therefore it was quite disappointing that the service and competence of the staff left a black mark on an otherwise lovely day (hoping that they were just off their game the day we visited, if not it is a bit of a problem). We ordered 4 coffees to which they could handle the pace, one was made incorrectly, one wasn't even made at all. When we brought it to the attention of staff, the automatic response was defensive and to create a scene. Overall a disappointing experience at a place that wasn't overly busy.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

We liked the look of the Musician's cafe - and it was quite busy. The poor lady behind the counter looked rushed off her feet. She apologised several times for the slowness and we were happy to be patient. The owner finished saying goodbye to some musicians that had just played and we thought excellent service will speed up a bit now. We ordered our food, which was basically 2 kinds of sandwiches, and sat down. It took an age for our food to arrive, and while the owner occasionally looked like she was pretending to be busy she would actually for instance wipe a table once then get chatting to customers and be there for an age, wipe a table once again and then chat to some other customers for an age. She must have spent 15 mins talking to one guy at the table next to us about music and persuading him to play a guitar (he was very rusty) - meanwhile the poor lady inside was still looking rushed off her feet and getting orders wrong, etc - there were a couple of complaints about wrong orders while we were sat waiting, and our food still hadn't arrived. Eventually it did come, but I'm sure it could have been there a lot sooner. It may be that being the owner of a place means you get to chat to the customers as much as you like, but only if you've got enough staff to keep the customers happy in the meantime - employees surely wouldn't get away with it. Anyways the food was nice - just a shame on the service.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Now called the Musicians Cafe, the food is great - tremendous variety & very tasty, and the vibe of the place is fantastic. Fantastic breakfast, and a great lunch a week later sitting outside with some music. Great friendly service & reasonably priced.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Yes, I had time for a late breakfast. Oh! My, my god! The decor really took me back, as it was just so taylor-made, perhaps eclectic? I loved it nonethless.

I couldn't resist eggs benedict, with strong coffee.I will definitely be back and I will linger on and have lunch here. The atmosphere is just so welcoming, that you are almost drawn to the delectables.

The staff are wonderful, even when rushed off their feet.

It is a pleasure to recommend this place to everyone!