“The Best Cuban North of Ybor City!”
Review of The Campus Grille

The Campus Grille
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Berea
Reviewed 9 September 2016

This place is a real WOW! It is located next to the Berea Post Office and quite easy to find. Though they once may have been a small take-out joint, they are now a medium-sized restaurant with a good sized parking lot. Inside they have around 25 tables with an additional 9 outside on the patio. The place is attractive and clean with a young vibe. They also have a bar not mentioned on their website though I am not sure if it is open yet. You place your food order at the register and they bring it piping hot to your table. If you want, you can watch them prepare it in their open kitchen. I liked that they have a large cooler of iced water with large cups available on the bar. Finally getting to the best part - the food! The food is so flavorful and fresh. I had the Roasted Pork Shoulder, Rice & Beans lunch box. The pork is incredibly tender and packs a lot of flavor. The Spanish-style beans were out of this world - a bowl of them with a piece of bread would make a great winter lunch. The rice was creamy and plentiful. My son let me taste his Cuban Sandwich and I have to say it was spot on. It was much better than the dry thin authentic sandwiches I have had at the Columbia Restaurant where it was invented and on par with the delicious award-winning Cuban sandwiches at Stone Soup (both in Ybor City). This was my son's first Cuban and he was hooked! Prices were very reasonable. On the tables, they have a homemade orange-colored hot sauce that starts out tasty and then blooms into an inferno (by my weak standards). Nice staff tops it off. This place is not to be missed.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Don't let the name fool you. It is close to the B-W campus, and they do have grilled food but if you want a killer Cuban, fantastic empanadas or a variety of Latin themed foods you won't find anywhere else, this is your new favorite place. You order at the counter and the food is delivered, with gusto, to your table. While you have a short wait for your order you might try a mojito. No, you SHOULD try a mojito, But if you come around meal time it may be busy and you'll have to wait a bit....but it's the best wait in a 50 mile radius. You'll be served in the same aluminum tray they use for carry-out and the silverware is white plastic but you're not there to impress your friends with the setting...you're there to more than impress them with the fare. We had a 65 year-old Latin food virgin with us and he's still talking about his Campus Cuban.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Dropping off my college athlete son at his dorm and we were starving! Decided to try this casual and friendly venue. We were warmly greeted upon arrival by the staff. The atmosphere is casual, and we ordered at the counter. My niece and I had the campus greens with roasted pork shoulder, and we were not disappointed. The greens were incredibly fresh and the pork shoulder was tender, lean and wonderfully seasoned. My son had empanaditas which he said were delicious. All of us tried the guacamole which was tasty and unique with bits of mango mixed in. The price is great for this special a meal. I may visit campus more often, just to return.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Fantastic Cuban food. The place is run by a very charming family. I highly recommend it. We all got something different and shared. We couldn't decide which we liked best, since they were all so good.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

This is a small place, just a few tables. Food is served in aluminum to go containers and the menu is limited. If you want authentic Puerto Rican food, in particular exceptional roast pork dishes - this is the place for you. Our food was fresh, full-flavored and delicious. The staff at the counter were very helpful and the food was hot and fresh. As an added bonus the parking is convenient and you won't pay too much for your food.

Been to The Campus Grille? Share your experiences!