“Great way to start out a trip!”

Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Blue Ash
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Our first night on the way to Mackinac Island, MI was spent here. Never been here but booked with confidence. WAS IMPRESSED, as usual! Beautiful rooms, spacious,clean,great wi-fi,plenty of toiletries,plenty of pillows,nice fresh uber cushy bed/bedding,full kitchen, great service. I could go on and on.

This was an older style RI with the condo setup. No elevators. Each building houses 2 (I think) suites. Ours was not one with separate bedrooms; but was quite roomy and the floor plan is great. It's like nothing else I've experienced walking into the RI suites on a trip. It's such a good feeling. The world is left behind and everything is taken care of here. Great breakfast, nice liesurely 10am closing on Saturday morning here. No reception on the weekends; but that's known going in. Nice outdoor liesure area with gas fire pit.

I was a Drury Inn & Suites fan until I found RI. They offer great suites,receptions every night, equal breakfast/service/comfort; BUT...the setup of the suites and the full kitchens and leisure area on the grounds has won me over. If the two were sitting together, I would choose RI.

Great restaurant choice nearby is Blue Ash Tavern. Pricey but very very good. Great fish and chips and steak!!!

If you have any specific questions about this RI or in general, please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor if you don't like steps. This is an apartment style setup - no elevators...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sukola, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

What great comments! We really appreciate you taking the time. I'll make sure that I read this to the staff. I know they will be very appreciative.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I was in Cincinnati to attend the Southern and Western Tennis Tournament. This was a great spot to stay. Though you had to drive to the tournament, there was easy access to the quickest route. The complimentary breakfast was great. I understand that the rooms had recently been updated and they did a great job.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My sister, dad and I stayed here for just a fun, quiet stay. We really enjoyed were our room was located. We were the only ones in that section so it was nice and quiet. Our room had two bedrooms and a kitchen, where i cooked dinner for my family;) It was really fun. The pool was super nice and we were the only ones there, so we had it all to ourselves. The hot tub was very hot and really enjoyable, except for the fact that you could see dead skin floating in the water... i slept in the pool out in the living room. It was sort of hard but i managed to get a good night sleep. The breakfast was wonderful! They had eggs, potatoes, sasuage and waffles, plus a lot more! All in all, this is a nice, quiet hotel to stay at :-)

Room Tip: Ask for one on tge first floor in a section further out from all the other rooms.
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were in Cincinnati for a family event, and needed a quiet night. We found the Blue Ash Residence Inn to be quite helpful in providing a quiet,restful night. It is only about 1/2 mile off the interstate, but no road noise. Everything was very predictable, clean, everything works, and everyone is very friendly. The hot breakfast is always a nice addition. You can't go wrong. We love their double bedroom suites when we travel in groups.

Room Tip: ones in the back of the property are the quietest
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

By most accounts this is a good Residence Inn. The layout indicates that it is an older property but the rooms have been nicely upgraded and updated. There are a couple things that set this hotel apart from the usual Residence Inn. The staff is well-versed in the hospitality business and appear to have been with this hotel for a number of years. They appear to take pride in their work. This really comes out during breakfast hours when the common room can get crowded and busy. They kept all items well-stocked. It was clear that anyone who worked the front-desk was also well-versed on maintaining breakfast as well. We had a large number of inexperienced travellers in town for a basketball tournament yet things ran smoothly. The other nice feauture of this hotel was its proximity to Kings Island, yet being nearly a straight shot to downtown Cincinnati. The immediate neighboorhood appeared quiet with a few decent restaurants to the south, yet we were only five minutes away from a myriad of restaurants and stores to the north on I-71.

One other note: my son had left his pillow in our room when we checked out. Anyone who has left something after checkout can usually expect to wait several days before having an opportunity to be reunited with their lost item. We returned to the hotel in mid-afternoon and it only took a few minutes for them to come up with the lost pillow .... and no one acted like they were doing us a big favor ... just happy to help.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family