“Poor service and poor management”
Review of The Brown Dog Cafe

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
Description: Chef Shawn and his culinary team proudly present an ever-changing, eclectic menu featuring sustainable Hawaiian fish, steaks, wild game, unique appetizers, vegetarian dishes, homemade pastas and desserts. Along with an array of cocktails, wines and craft beers. Located in the brand new Summit Park development in Blue Ash, just off Pfeiffer and Reed Hartman Hwy.
Reviewed 8 April 2021

I really wanted to love this place considering it was at summit park and we could get food and drinks to go and the kids could play at the playground. We order a large pizza to go and we were told by the manager to go to the bar where the bartender was unfriendly and bothered that we were going to place an order. Our pizza order was said to be around 15 min but it took 45 min. We kept coming back to check and the manager didn't even say a word, the bartender was usless. After 40 min we went to the hostess to check and she finally had the manager check. He came back with our food that was sitting in the kitchen. handed the box to us and didn't say a word. No apologies or no thank you. He should not be in the service industry. Poor service and poor management and no value for customers. I would never come back and recommend everyone to go elsewhere for food. The senate and tahona would be much better choices.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (298)

Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

I was so excited to walk into this quaint restaurant. It smelled so good I was practically salivating. Our server was very friendly and nice and I wanted to love this place but the kitchen seemed off their mark. For example one of my party ordered a cup of soup. I noticed he only ate half of it. I asked him if it was good and he replied it was, but it was cold. Clearly he expected it to be served hot. Then we had to wait extremely long for our lunch order which did not seem like the type of food that requires more than 20 minutes to make. My guess is it was close to 45 minutes before we were served. It's hard to plan a business lunch if it takes almost an hour between seating and serving. One of our party requested no onions on his salad. It came with onions. I ordered the special which was to be served with garlic bread, but I had to ask for it. What I was given was the equivalent of brown toast. I tasted no garlic or flavoring on the bread. We ate our lunches and for the most part enjoyed our meals. But the delay in receiving our orders and the problems with the food, albeit minor, only warrants a rating of three from me. I hope if I'm able to go again, the speed, accuracy, and quality of food delivered to our table will be improved.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Good food, great atmosphere and great view of the tower at night! This is great little place if you are in the area.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank MySofa97
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

I really liked their large patio. I wish there was more greenery (there’s only 2 small trees & lots of concrete). The patio faces west so, ask for an umbrella. Fantastic service. Way overpriced Tequila ($21/glass). My fish was overcooked/dry but, the mushroom risotto was amazing. The Brussels Sprouts app was decent (warning! DO NOT eat the stuff at the bottom of that dish! It’s garlic cloves diced up with onion. The scallops were okay. Dessert was too small of a portion (Brownie). If you go, skip the mixed drinks/alcohol. Decent food, nice patio, wonderful service. Just prepare yourself for a stiff bill.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 24 August 2020

Service was fine, but frankly the food was just not good. We started with a brussel sprout appetizer. It came out tasting raw and very flavorless. Then my wife got crab cakes for her meal and they were all breading...had to hunt for a piece of crab (and not tasty)...my porchini encrusted halibut was ok....but there was absolutely no porchini crust...it was just seared halibut. So, overall disappointed...especially because the atmosphere there is so nice.

Date of visit: August 2020