“Sat brunch”

Chicago's Home of Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #555 of 2,014 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Tonya founded the original Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles in the heart of the Windy City in 2008. After seeing lots of success, Tonya opened a second location in Oak Park in 2010, and has now expanded to other states. She aims to make her Cleveland location a place where everyone can enjoy a delicious Southern-style dish and feel like family.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Gateway District for Cavs game on Fri night, got up Sat morning and decided to give this place a try for brunch. Walk straight down Prospect St, easy to find. Parking looks tough to find. Service was very friendly, we had omelettes and waffles, chicken. Pricey, food was ok, Dennys was better. I would like to come back to this place at night, they have live music, looks like fun

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

A large group stumbled upon this restaurant late at night after the NCAA wrestling. The restaurant has a lovely decor-very updated. They seated us in a private room and it took 20 minutes to get drinks (which were mostly waters). So slow that we almost got up and walked out. Our orders were taken right after drinks were brought and the food came out fairly quickly and it was delish! I had chicken wings and waffles. Very tasty! The waitress offered us champagne but we declined since we were so exhausted. I highly suggest the restaurant but don’t be in a hurry-the service is slow.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We live in South Carolina so I know good chicken and waffles. We visited on a weekday for brunch and were very impressed. The place is barely a year old, the decor is very cool, the booth was comfy and the prices are reasonable... about $11 per person. Most importantly, the food was outstanding! The chicken sausage patties were awesome. The waffles reminded me of the ones you get at Waffle House. I look forward to another visit the next time we're in Cleveland.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I went here with a group of friends. We enjoy soul food and we’re excited to try it. We were not impressed. To start with the positives, the space is modern and trendy and the menu was extensive.

However, the negatives out weighed the positives. Our server was friendly and took our order quickly. However, we waited for our drinks which never came out until after our food did. Our food came out rather quickly, but not at the same time. Some of were finished eating our food while others were still waiting. When the food came out, some of it was missing. Our server never came over to check on us while we were eating. I must state that the manager came over with a complementary bottle of champagne for the table. He just stated that it was on the house but didn’t explain that it was because they had messed up a food order or if he was simply being nice. He never said so we were appreciative but a little confused.

Overall, I don’t think I would go back. While some of my group likes the catfish and chicken, I felt the waffles were ordinary and could have been gotten anywhere. Nothing from this experience stood out to the point that would warrant a return visit.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Management and waiters were too busy laughing at the bar to properly do their jobs. Waited over 20 minutes for the bill and the total was wrong. I had to have the waiter correct the bill. There was no apology from management or the waiter for the bad service.

Food quality is equivalent to Bob Evans so it wasn't worth the bad service and unprofessional staff.

Date of visit: January 2018