“Great food, fast & friendly!”

Frank's Falafel House
Ranked #284 of 1,912 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: A family restaurant in the Detroit-Shoreway area that has typical family restaurant fare (breakfasts, sandwiches) but specializes in Middle Eastern food.
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised. The falafel and kibbee were both delicious. My advice when ordering the wraps is that you can never go wrong with extra tomatoes & cucumbers. Extra napkins are recommended if you get extra sauce. Fast, friendly, and tasty. I will eat here again.
Was torn between a review of 4-5. Recommend you try for yourself.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

The Arabic food in this place was amazing!!! I loved the Kafta! There was also American food so hubby could find something to eat as well. Loved the food and go back as often as possible.

Reviewed 25 December 2015

My husband eats a chicken philly sandwich from Frank's once a week!!! The part I like about this restaurant is the selection of food. You can have a really great gyro and a really good burger all from the same place. They have a wonderful selection food and NONE of it includes pork. Oh my goodness I almost forgot about the WONDERFUL hummus, pita chips, and fatouch. Don't forget they serve great breakfast as well. Love this place.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Small RESTAURANT With a lot to give food is awesome owner and chef is a Gentleman...love the place..waitress very attending,on top of it..

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Frank's is our favorite neighborhood restaurant -- perfect for breakfast or lunch. The food is always maximum fresh and delicious, the staff is very friendly, and the prices are low-low-low.

Frank and his cooks are extremely friendly and accommodating. When my husband was put on a special diet by his doctor, and I gave up wheat, the cooks and staff didn't blink about making multiple substitutions so we can continue to enjoy their excellent food. Coleslaw instead of fries or hash browns? Only one yolk in an omelet? Fresh veggies to dip in the hummus instead of pita? No problem, no problem, no problem. I have never been to a small family restaurant where the customer is better cared for.

Breakfast? A variety of excellent omelets are the stars -- my husband dies for the corned beef, I am fond of the spinach and feta, while my son cannot be pried away from the farm omelet, which has everything in it but the kitchen sink. The golden hash browns are superb. I mix some of Frank's own homemade hot sauce into my ketchup, slide a little on the hash browns, and it's zap! pow! bam! I am unable to pry the secrets of the hot sauce from Frank, even after much begging, but I know it includes jalapeno and garlic.

Now on to lunch. The falafel is very good, the hummus is excellent, there are a variety of burgers, but for me, the gyro is magnificent. Frank's gyro is a Platonic 10 out of 10. Why? 1) He specially grills the onions for me (just ask), 2) he grills the gyro meat, and 3) the homemade tzaziki sauce rocks my world. Ask for the hot sauce on the side, dab on as needed.

The Greek salad with added chicken is also terrific -- loaded with fresh feta and olives. It's covered with a mountain of Frank's chicken shawarma which is marinated and delicately spiced. You can try his fatoosh dressing (lemon with lots of mint) or the balsamic which comes with it - both are delicious.

Frank's is a humble place -- a converted Domino's with tables and a few booths -- but the food is supremely fresh. One of the waitresses, who has worked in restaurants pricey and non for over 30 years, told me that Frank's has the cleanest kitchen she's ever been in. There is carryout and even delivery if you don't want to stay.

If you are looking for a friendly, reliable, yummy standard place for breakfast or sandwiches in the Detroit-Shoreway area, you need look no more.

2  Thank herone