“Nice but -------------!”

Dervish Grill Tremont
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I went expecting a bit more finish to the place. We took our daughter and son-in-law from Chicago who enjoy Turkish food. They said it was just like their own Turkish place in Chicago but I was disappointed. The food was good but it was served more like a struggling establishment. The service was good and the price was very reasonable. I must admit I don't plan to go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

My husband and I ate here last week and really enjoyed everything. We had two appetizers, hummus and a sort of Turkish salsa which had peppers and walnuts. Then our entrees arrived. We both selected different kabobs. I put the rest of salsa on my rice, which was just fine without it. We hope to come back.

1  Thank Lkwdtraveler23
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Well, the place was kind of a disappointment. The staff was great, the place was quaint, but the food was just ok. The stuffed eggplant was decent but the lamb sauté was awful. Lamb was fatty. We tried to eat it but couldn't. It was smothered with a flavorless tomato sauce. It was just plain awful. I'm in Cleveland for business. I will never revisit that place. Nothing like a bad meal when you are away from home.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food ! Great for vegetarians. We had the appetizer sampler and falafel and the kids had filet mignon and chicken . A great mix for veggies and non veggies .

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Trip Advisor reviews led us to Dervish Grill in Tremont. We are grateful for this site because there are many places in our hometown where we haven't visited.

The Dervish Grill is a terrific spot! We dined outside on a gorgeous Cleveland afternoon.
The pita is thicker, soft, served warm and comes with a cucumber and barbecue dipping sauces. The hummus was delicious. We ordered a second order of hummus to take to a party.

The lamb kebab was tender, well seasoned, and very satisfying. The chicken alaba was flavorful and tender.

The Dervish Grill sits between two Cleveland women shops that are worth visiting. Across the street is Lilly's Handmade Chocolates. This Tremont neighborhood feels alive and it makes us Cleveland proud!