“Authentic Turkish food”

Dervish Grill Tremont
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2014

I've visited this place quite a few times and the food never disappoints. It's usually a pretty quiet place, so I've never waited for a table. The wait staff is friendly and can easily suggest foods and drinks you're not familiar with.

The food has been great every time and it comes in large portions. Having been to Turkey, the food is authentic and they even have Turkish wine, which is very good. Go with a group or by yourself. Either way, you'll probably have leftovers.

Reviewed 18 October 2014

Even for an occasional visitor to Cleveland, the Tremont buzz is inescapable. So, while strolling the neighborhood to see what the fuss was about, we peeked into the cozy Dervish Grill and stayed for dinner. It was terrific; the food was delicious and reasonably priced, the portions were generous, and the staff made us feel like honored guests at a family dinner. We had the stuffed cabbage and the mixed grill kebab, both of which we'd easily choose to have again. A bonus: we were able to park on the street, fairly close to the restaurant.

1  Thank NolaHal
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I went expecting a bit more finish to the place. We took our daughter and son-in-law from Chicago who enjoy Turkish food. They said it was just like their own Turkish place in Chicago but I was disappointed. The food was good but it was served more like a struggling establishment. The service was good and the price was very reasonable. I must admit I don't plan to go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

My husband and I ate here last week and really enjoyed everything. We had two appetizers, hummus and a sort of Turkish salsa which had peppers and walnuts. Then our entrees arrived. We both selected different kabobs. I put the rest of salsa on my rice, which was just fine without it. We hope to come back.

1  Thank Lkwdtraveler23
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Well, the place was kind of a disappointment. The staff was great, the place was quaint, but the food was just ok. The stuffed eggplant was decent but the lamb sauté was awful. Lamb was fatty. We tried to eat it but couldn't. It was smothered with a flavorless tomato sauce. It was just plain awful. I'm in Cleveland for business. I will never revisit that place. Nothing like a bad meal when you are away from home.