US$149
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
US$120
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$216
InterContinental
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$200
US$180
InterContinental
US$189
US$119
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$149
Glidden House(Cleveland)
US$179
US$174
US$389
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$462/night.

All reviewsthe main houseohio citywest side marketwebster roombed and breakfastretreat roomgreat lakes breweryb bsbreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancethird floorsitting roomcouple blocksnext morningeach morninggreat bedfresh fruit
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here march 2013 with my sister and adult nephew. Was perfect location. Since we booked into the Kabat house we were able to invite family over to visit as we had our own little house.
We never did meet the inn keepers nor go to the main house.
Everything we needed was right there.
Will definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: Wind chimes kept me awake, but was no biggie. We stayed at the self contained Kabot house. Was lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RitaOH
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My partner, myself and my best friend recently stayed two nights in the "Cottage" of the J. Palen House on a family visit out West. The location in Ohio City was great in relation to our main purpose for the Cleveland stay, i.e. a visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The two bedroom cottage was beautifully appointed and well maintained. The neighborhood was charming with the exception of a few fixer uppers that will hopefully be turned around some day soon. Location was great for driving to points of interest including two really fun and friendly gay bars within a short drive. Diane was a top-notch Host, full of recommendations and area insight. The breakfast each day was yummy - only complaint is I wished for seconds (her baked goods are to die for!). We usually like to stay in and support gay-owned establishments, but since we were unable to book where I had first researched, I can unequivocally say I am thoroughly pleased with our choice of the J. Palen House; Straight, Gay or otherwise clueless, you won't be disappointed in your stay here!

Room Tip: If you are looking for "extra privacy" and spaciousness, consider booking the Cottage or the Kabat House - well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 24 June 2013

No worries here - excellent convenience and service. As always, we met interesting people at breakfast - so much better than a commercial hotel. Stay here, by all means. Fairly close to interesting restaurants - we liked Lolita's, but might not go there next simply because we found it a little hard to converse. What the reviewers call "energetic."

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UA_Couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We booked a room in J Palen House because we couldn't get into the hotel we wanted. As it turned out, this was a good choice for us, and we enjoyed our stay. This bed and breakfast is located in Ohio City, a bustling urban neighborhood south of downtown Cleveland. Parking is on the street adjacent to the B & B, and it's free, but parking spaces fill up as the day goes on, so we parked the car and walked to restaurants in the neighborhood or found other transportation to more distant locations like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We stayed in the Webster Room, with a comfortable king-size bed and a walk-out balcony, which we didn't use because it had no view. Others, however, may enjoy sitting out there to read or relax. The communal breakfasts, served promptly at 9 a.m., were delicious and filling and usually consisted of quiche, fruit and sometimes turkey sausage, but the innkeeper will accommodate people with food allergies and other needs. The neighborhood has a surprisingly large choice of restaurants, starting with Light Bistro right across the street, with a tasty selection of traditional and American tapas. We also enjoyed Flying Fig, a small farm-to-table restaurant, and Bar Cento, which offers a nice selection of individual pizzas with fresh ingredients. The innkeeper and staff were friendly and helpful, and we were very comfortable throughout our stay. If we return to Cleveland, we'll definitely stay at J Palen House again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Two days before our planned stay on a Tuesday night, my husband, my toddler, and I all came down with the stomach flu. I emailed the innkeeper and was informed that I would lose my deposit (the full cost of a night's stay) unless I rescheduled within 60 days.
Because I was not able to stay another weeknight in Cleveland within that time frame, I called to ask about availability for Saturday nights. The innkeeper informed me that weekend stays require 2 nights, which is not possible for us right now.
As the innkeeper very unsympathetically explained on the phone, I understand that losing my deposit is consistent with their policy. While providing some flexibility may cause them to lose revenue in the short term, sticking to their strict policy is terrible customer service and not competitive in the industry. It’s a short-sighted decision that will cost them this customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michelle P
Darlene M, Owner at J. Palen House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Your two day advance cancellation fell within our cancellation policy. In the hotel industry Tuesday is the busiest night of the business week and the Inn was booked to capactiy. We turned down guests for rooms prior to your cancellation. As is our policy, if we are able to resell your room, you will only be responsible for the administration fee. We are aware that plans change and as a courtesy for your medical emergency we offered you the ability to rebook your room within 60 days of your original arrival date. As an industry policy, this is a generous and customer friendly consideration. We state our cancellation policy at the time of booking and encourage guests to consider travel insurance to cover just such events.