“Nothing Special”

Camelot Cellars Winery
Ranked #138 of 166 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Camelot Cellars, an award-winning urban boutique winery and Bistro, which handcrafts all their own wines sourcing premier juices from vineyards all over the world. The newly renovated winery can accommodate up to 125 guests. Stop in for a relaxing day or evening and be transported to a European-style winery. Camelot's Tuscan-style wine bar offers more than 60 selections by the glass or bottle.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had 4 different flights of wine. None of us would have purchased any of them. Nothing special about them. Have gone to different winery in state and out of state and had a lot better. Plating of food did not stand out. Not a place for a meat and potato person. Great for vegetarian. Spaghetti was ok, sauce could have had more body and meat more flavor. Mediterranean salad good but have never had one without some type of green. Don't order the chicken on it was over cooked. Have eaten at other restaurants on Oak St that have been superb.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The wine was delicious. Our waitress was absolutely wonderful! I can’t even begin to describe how absolutely wonderful the food was! We shared an appetizer of the spinach and artichoke dip. My fiancé ordered the tagliatelle with beef in a red sauce and my mother and I shared the Italian meat lovers flat bread. When we left our bellies were full of delicious food and our taste buds were tingling! This is a must for the Columbus area! The staff were bottling and corking wine as we ate dinner which was truly amazing!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Expensive... Owners Janine and Ed are about as selfish and self centered as they come. The game night is a joke. I got a Bingo and never received my prize. Expensive food, not very good and out server was the WORST... I don’t see this place staying in business much longer. Get it together Ed and Janine... quit hiding in the back and at the bar. Go out there and talk to your customers. You will have plenty of time to talk to each when you go out of business.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My sister and I stopped here on the Stuff Your Stocking Event promoted by the Ohio Wine Producers Association. My sister likes the dry wines and I am more of a sweet or fruity person. They have something to please everyone, and we enjoyed everything we tried. It is a cute venue with plenty of seating, and they have a food menu. We tried the Margarita Flatbread and also the canoli. Both were very good. The staff was very attentive. The location is downtown, so nearby parking is street parking. We really enjoyed our visit to Camelot Cellars.

1  Thank debbrandt72
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Went in hoping to have a nice evening of dinner and wine. The 3 of started of with a flight a wine each, all quite different and all terrible. There was nothing among the 9 glasses any of us would have drank, ranging from the sweets, Italians, to the Pinot Noirs. The Ohio cheese board was also not worth the $17. Needless to say we paid the bill and went elsewhere for dinner. The atmosphere did seem warm and inviting just wish we would have enjoyed our experience.