I rate this hotel four dots because of its excellent value proposition in its category rating. It's clean, new and modern. Plenty of COVERED FREE parking!. Decent bedding and ample room space (with a sit down desk) even for a large family of five. Nice flat screens TV with plenty of channels and HDMI input (pack your Roku and HDMI cable). Breakfast is complete although basic and it's included in the room rate.
There are just a few things that needs attention to make this hotel perfect for its class category (five dots out of five). The hotel needs to improve the room's shower water pressure which is lacking (we stayed in the top floor). Management may want to add one more piece of cardio of equipment in the gym (it was fine during our stay but it could be a problem during busy times). Finally a note to the folk at Hyatt corporate - please consider changing the liquid soap that you provide at Hyatt Place (the ones now don't smell very good). although thanks for the tube of Aquafresh toothpaste (very nice). All in all a very good stay at Hyatt Place OSU Columbus.
This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Ohio State University, but you'll need to have your own transportation to move around and explore the town. There not much around so with out a car you will be stuck.
During our visit, we went to an OSU Basketball game; the opposing team stay at this hotel so looks like is popular with visiting team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU is ideally situated just minutes from The Ohio State University, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Arena District, Berliner Park and the wonderful cultural neighborhoods of Downtown Columbus. For the business traveler, Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is within close proximity to Time Warner Cable, Battelle Memorial Institute, the Nationwide Insurance World Headquarters, AEP Ohio and the Ohio State Medical Center. Enjoy a day of shopping at the Short North Shops and Easton Towne Center or attend a live performance at the Lifestyle Community Pavilion. For the sports enthusiast, visit the Value City Arena, the Nationwide Arena or the Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes. Hyatt Place Columbus/ OSU also features 2,000 square feet of meeting room space, a gallery which offers an intimate coffee and wine café, a guest kitchen with freshly prepared snacks and entrees, and a daily complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Expedia so you can book your Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Osu Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU Ohio