US$103
US$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$164
US$129
Homewood
US$53
Hotwire.com
All reviewsgeorge restaurantfree covered parkinggrandview heightsla fitnessgreat hotelfree breakfastclose to downtownsitting areamini fridgecomfortable hotelohio statefresh fruitarena districtfree shuttlebusiness travelerwithin walking distanceshuttle service
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Great location and a Buckeye bar right next door. Clean and spacious rooms. Big screen television. Free parking. Great place to stay for Buckeye games or entertaining in the Arena district. Good quality breakfast. Highly recommend for Ohio State Football games.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hyattplaceosu, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip into Columbus. The Buckeye Grill is a favorite of many guests and really shows the OSU spirit that our area has to offer. Go Bucks!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I booked my trip on Priceline, and read all the details provided to me. My wife was traveling with children and our 2 small dogs. When she arrived at the hotel after 8 hours of driving, she was told about the pet fee. $150 for the first dog and $50 per dog after that. We didn't know about the pet fee. The person at the counter presented a Priceline screen shot that had the pet fee. I contacted the front desk to discuss this issue. I walked the person through how to book a hotel on Priceline, and she verified that the fees are not on there.

I am in day 2 of discussions relating to this issue. The discussion with the supervisor today contiually led to a statement or,"The fees are on OUR website." I didn't book on the Hyatt webiste, the same as most of you who read this.

I have to wait until day 3 to discuss this with the hotel general manager. I am hopeful that my issue will be resolved, but with the customer service I have received so far, I doubt it. We will not stay at this hotel ever again.

1  Thank iLiketoeatpizza

Hello,

I’m sorry that there was confusion about our pet policy. I have addressed this issue with Priceline on why they are not accurately explaining the hotel policy. The hotel does accept pets but there is a cleaning charged associated with this. Our pet policy can been seen on the hotel main website and is “Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU allows a maximum of 2 pets per room. Pets must not exceed 50 lbs and must be housebroken. Pets are designated as a dog. A non-refundable cleaning fee of $150 for the first pet, and if there is a second pet, then an additional $50 will be charged to the guest. The cleaning fee will be inclusive of taxes.”

I believe we have spoken about this issue and the issue has been resolved. If not feel free to contact me at 614-569-2910 or by email at mholtzleiter@columbushospitality.com to get this issue resolved.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Great place to stay! Had family at the medical center at OSU for three days and stayed at this hotel each night. Very clean and comfortable. Especially liked the size of the room. Like a suite at other hotels, but for a standard fee. Great to have a couch to sit on for watching TV or reading.
The staff was very attentive and eager to please. Will be staying here again when we return to OSU medical center for a 30 day stay.

1  Thank kspethtel

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again during your next stay.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Really cool hotel with a great layout, perfect location and really awesome staff. We had check in early and made that request in our reservation notes. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and with "I've already prepared a room for you." Nice! This isn't a full service hotel and the breakfast is what you'd expect. There's a popular local restaurant next store. We were a mile from a shopping area and just 3 miles from OSU.

Room Tip: This is in a great location just outside of the city in a revitalized industrial area so get a 6th floor room with a view if you can.

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU. We truly value your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbus.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

A great hotel for those with business in the Ohio State University area. Rooms are clearly geared to the business traveler, with a well thought out work area, good lighting, and plugs and outlets for all electronics. The rooms are clean, modern, quiet and bright. Parking is free and easily accessible so there is no fussing with valets or long treks to the garage. Wifi is free, with no password to log on. There is a quality pool and exercise room. Breakfast is served on site free and is adequate but ordinary. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Check in and check out were a breeze. Not, however, a hotel to stay at if you expect to walk to your appointment.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for your recent stay. During your next trip to our hotel ask about our complimentary shuttle that goes within 3 mile of the hotel. The shuttle typical runs from 7am to 9pm and leaves every half hour. It may get crowded during peak times so I recommend putting your name on the shuttle list the night before.