“Great location for Columbus OH visit”
Review of The Blackwell

The Blackwell
Ranked #4 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Gorgeous property. Of course, it is perfect if you are in Columbus for Buckeye game, but we used Hotwire to score this on an off weekend and got a great rate. Beautifully appointed room, comfortable bed and spacious bath. We had a pretty sunny view of a college courtyard. It was really nice and I recommend for a stay...felt luxurious. Best part was we got a great deal though.

Room Tip: Not sure I can help with this - we were 5th floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I travel a fair amount. Hotels are not interesting to me. Not a big reviewer. The Blackwell was exceptional in every way. The staff was friendly and helpful and did not do that weird thing where they act like you are royalty. The room was big, well appointed, and very conveniently designed. Room service was great. The restaurant was top-notch in food and service. I am seriously trying to think of reasons I might need to go to Columbus so I can stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Stefanie P, Manager at The Blackwell, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for the exceptional review. We greatly value our guests feedback and will certainly share this with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you when you do return to Columbus!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Terrific hotel. They didn't leave anything out. Great front desk service, covered self parking right next door (or valet), rooms are top-notch with a classy decor, ALL the extras -- including REAL coffee mugs. My room was quiet, comfortable -- got a great night's sleep.

Ideally located RIGHT on The Ohio State University campus, and walking distance to restaurants (although I believe there is one right in the hotel) -- had planned to stay with my daughter in her off-campus housing, then did a last minute Hotwire search, and this is where I landed.

Will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Our national board met in Columbus at The Ohio State University. The Blackwell is am amazing facility. The room was spacious, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was there less than 24 hours, but our meals, guest rooms, and other accommodations were absolutely great.

I highly recommend this facility!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Stefanie P, General Manager at The Blackwell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you for the great feedback on your meeting. We are so glad to see these comments and will share with our team. Look forward to hosting your next meeting with us!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent stay! Free upgrade to celebrate Anniversary. Top notch service every time we have been here. Highly recommended. Worthy of the high ranking on Trip Advisor.
They also offer free shuttle/car service to local dining/drinking spots.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple