US$99
US$129
Homewood
US$53
Hotwire.com
All reviewsosu campusohio statebusiness schooltown carfootball stadiumturn down servicevalet parkingdesk spacegreat hotelvalet serviceschottenstein centerplace to staynice amenitiesroom servicerooms are largethe location is perfectairport shuttle
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I have been staying at The Blackwell elusively since I was diagnosed with an incurable leukemia in 2015. I drive 400 miles from Virginia to be in a clinical trial at the James Cancer Center just a walk away from The Blackwell. I can honestly say, I have never had a bad stay at this Hotel. The rooms a well appointed and always clean. The staff, who I have come to know are always friendly and highly professional. They always go the extra mile to do anything and everything to make your stay a satisfied one. I wish I did't have to travel so far but the treatment is keeping me alive and with a good quality of life. The Blackwell has become a 2nd home to me so much as I have never thought of staying anywhere else while I'm in Columbus!

Room Tip: They are all well appointed and always clean and comfortable!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stefanie P, Director of Sales at The Blackwell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

We are so glad to be called "home" to you when in Columbus. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we will certainly share with our team.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Great location on Ohio State campus. Run by Ohio State students. Getting ready to start remodel which will be very nice. Love the details that make it a special place to stay. Recliners in room, candy on your pillow at night, fruit and snacks nightly, bottled water, room safe, and lots more. Everyone has always gone above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. Can get something to eat at the bar or in the full service restaurant. Room service too, of course. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you stay in an even numbered room, you overlook the famous football stadium!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the terrific feedback. So glad to see you enjoy all the wonderful amenities of our property. While we hire many students, most of the management team are hotel and restaurant professionals with many years of experience. We enjoy that we are training and developing students to further their skill set and even their careers. Thank you again for the high recommendation.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Since initially trying other hotels near OSU, I'vc now stayed consistently at the Blackwell for several years, whenever I visit the area. It's right on the OSU campus. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant. The rooms are very nice, many just renovated, and everything works - bathroom, TV, HVAC, etc. If you go to the restaurant off the lobby or order from room service, you'll get good food at a decent price. And the Concierge, Beth, is very pleasant and is able to set up for you anything you like, as well as give you info about OSU and the surrounding area. If you're ever in Columbus, this is definitely your best choice hotel.

Room Tip: No microwave, but they may supply one if needed.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for rating us as the best choice when staying in Columbus! We delight in serving our guests and our proud of our property. We are so glad you have chosen The Blackwell as your home when in Columbus. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The Blackwell never disappoints. We look forward to every visit. When our daughter graduates OSU, and if she moves, we will regret not having reasons to visit Columbus regularly. because it will mean fewer visits to the Blackwell.

Room Tip: I was in the front (as usual) King sized bed (as usual). It was a comfortable and clean and well maintained (as usual).
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank samkatty

It is so nice to see your comment. Thank you and we look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

No better place to be if you’re visiting OSU or Columbus, in general. Have been here a couple of times and both experiences were flawless.Great staff, clean rooms, decent bar area and good food. Will be returning.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!