“Wedding rehearsal dinner”

Ranked #14 of 2,477 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This iconic German Village restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate with family and friends. For five generations we have been serving authentic German food. Our sausage has become so famous that the Bahama Mama has been voted the official food of Columbus and the building is registered as a historic landmark. Come take a trip around our Autobahn Buffet or, if you want something other than sausage, try one of our traditional German dinners. Of course, for dessert, you can have one of our half-pound jumbo cream puffs. Stop in today and celebrate with us!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The catering upstairs was very nice. A little bit of all their signature items including cream puffs for dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Super busy when we got there. We were told an hour wait but it was less then that. We all had the buffet and it was so good. Being able to sample all the bratwurst and sausage and sides and have as much as you wanted was such a good deal. Waitress was very friendly. The horseradish and mustard were so good we bought some to take home!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I found this in the idine program and decided to walk from my downtown hotel. It was very crowded and required about a 45 minute wait. They take your cell phone number and call you/text you when it's time. I was seated in very attentive Carrie M's, per the receipt, section. I wasn't aware that there was a buffet until the people at the next table ordered. It was ok because buffets always mean eating too much! I ordered wiener schnitzel with green beans/spaetzel and potatoes pancakes with applesauce as my 2 sides. I received 2 large pieces of veal. It was ok but nothing special-sort of dry so the included gravy was needed to add flavor. Service was great despite the crowd. I received several tea refills. When I originally ordered, I told Carrie that I would probably be getting dessert to go and I chose a piece of German Chocolate cake when I asked for my bill. It was also a bit dry. The desserts in the front display looked so good, but it was just average. If in Columbus, I might return here, but it wasn't as good as the German restaurant I visited last weekend in Spokane (although that one didn't serve veal??). A big plus on this visit-I saw Notre Dame's coach's sisters enter while I was eating so I went over and reintroduced myself to them and had a nice conversation!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Do go here to order a salad. This is German sausages, potato salad, cream puff and delicious kraut. Our friends had the buffet which offered even more German delights. If you like German food and you are in the area I would say put it on the list. Actually loved the Fudge shop across the street- made in the shop, the Buckeyes are not bad either.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a fun place to go in Columbus. Located in the picturesque German Village, next to the Red Stable gift shop, the restaurant has a fun German vibe. The wait staff wear traditional German type outfits. There are plenty of beer options ( I recommend trying the flight) and German food. They have a buffet or you can opt for a la carte meals. My companion had the sausage platter and I had the chicken spaetzle and they were solid. The German potato salad was nice and sour. It is nice to take a stroll around the brick paved street neighborhood after dinner. The wait staff was nice. Must do if in Columbus.