“Afternoon with my daughter”
Review of The Melting Pot

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chagrin
Description: The Melting Pot offers a unique and interactive dining experience in a casual elegant atmosphere. It"s the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party, or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, fine wines and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had Chris as my waiter and he was EXCELLENT! Very attentive and was very fun to talk to. I come here often and Chris is one of the best waiters that I have had. Thank you for a very enjoyable afternoon!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate at a Melting Pot on our Honeymoon so we continue to go for special occasions. Although we were not impressed with our first experience (not this location), it’s a special place for us so we tried this location.

Very different experience. The servers are very helpful with your entree pairing and tell you how to cook each item. We didn’t get that at other location. We had to wing it and ended up over cooking our lobster.

The bacon jalapeño cheese fondue is amazing!! Everything else is always great as well but I can’t say enough about the cheese.

Sign up for their email list and you get chocolate covered strawberries for your birthday to take home.

Great wine list too.

Love this place and highly recommend for special occasions.

1  Thank deedrasemones
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Plan on spending quite a while to enjoy your meal, which is a nice change from most places. It took us over 2 hours to finish a four course meal for 2. The Bavarian cheese fondue appetizer was outstanding, especially with the bread! The salads were good. Entrees (beef, chicken, lobster, shrimp) were nothing special. The zucchini, mushrooms, and potatoes they serve with the entrees never seemed to cook through. The coq au vin it was cooked in was ok but didn’t seem to impart enough extra flavor into the food to make it worth the extra $. I don’t generally care for sweets, but the turtle dessert fondue was delicious! $140 for everything (- tip +2 drinks each) so not cheap, but left happy and full! Would probably need a loan to feed the whole family!

1  Thank Beerluvah
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My 15 year of niece decided she wanted to go here. Our family dinning experience was really enjoyable for all of us as a first time. The price tag is the only thing which will keep us from doing it more often. The first few moments were full of decisions of what we wanted....for us we let the birthday girl decide the group decisions and then we all were able to choose our salad and entree choice. Allow 3 hours for all courses, and prepare to enjoy! Save room for chocolate fondue!

1  Thank Joyce H
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Although the staff was very friendly and accommodating, we don't understand why this restaurant has received such a good rating. The restaurant smelled of old grease (similar to a bad hibachi restaurant). The room they put us in was so smokey, we had to move. The fondue was very good, the meal however was average at best. We had the broth fondue; I ordered steak and lobster and it tasted like soup. You're boiling the food, so the meat is gray not browned. The service was very slow. We had an 8:15 reservation and left after 10:00, skipping the dessert because we were tired of sitting.
Novel but would not return.