“Very good”

Sammy Sue's BBQ
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We needed some lunch, so I went on trip advisor to see what was in Dover. We decided on Sammy Sue's BBQ even though my husband is hard to please when it comes to BBQ. If I hadn't read about it on trip advisor, we would of never stopped. The outside is rundown with a bar on street side. Anyway we stopped and glad of it. Excellent food and my husband gave them a great rating on the BBQ. He got the spicy sauce. Some of us had the pork and others the beef brisket. All very good along with their sweet BBQ sauce. They had real fair ff's!!!! Yummy. We will definitely go back again.

There are newer reviews for Sammy Sue's BBQ

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Sammy Sue's for lunch on our way to some shopping in Amish country. What a find!! Excellent barbecue and great, friendly service too! I got the pulled pork flatbread (topped with caramelized onions and cheddar) which was perfection...large portion, you won't leave hungry! My husband got the ribs and green beans and gave his meal high marks too! We will definitely add Sammy Sue's to our "must stop" when in the area. Don't miss this barbecue!!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I ordered the 3 slider lunch with a mac and cheese on the side. The sliders were awesome. The sliders were pulled pork, beef brisket and chicken. They do not disappoint! The mac and cheese was to die for! Service was outstanding!

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The food was average, nothing spectacular but not bad either. The booths are way too small for 4 people & the atmosphere is pub/bar.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stopped her on our latest trip to Amish country before we went to Warther's Museum. It was Good Friday lunch and they were not crowded at all. We ate in the dinning room. We had the pulled pork sammie and the brisket sammie with the Fair Fries. The portions were big and the taste was outstanding. I would have liked the fries a bit crisper so would ask for that next time. Would go back.