“Good Sushi/Sashimi in the area”

Katana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Southeastern Ohio is a restaurant desert. So when one finds a good place to eat, we return! Katana is the best place to eat for 50 miles around. Noted, we only eat sushi and sashimi, so I can't comment on their other food. We have no complaints with the raw fish that we eat. It also seems like *uni* has returned to their menu also. The service is usually a bit slow, but the sashimi has been good. The location is very poor. You would probably need to GPS this off the highway. But if you are in the area, this is the best food by far!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I do enjoy Katana, and I order from there frequently! However, if you have been to a good sushi bar, this may not be the place for you. I enjoy this sushi, but it's just ok and will do to curb my sushi craving. I have been to excellent sushi bars, so this place can't compete with higher end places. However, for being in a small town with big cities a good 30-60 minutes away, this place is pretty good! It's never packed, the staff is great, and I enjoy being there.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I always get the steak bento box at lunch!! (Don't go there except for lunch because they don't serve the bento boxes after 3pm.)

1  Thank bobnewphila
Reviewed 19 November 2016

The food is always good, but the service is slow and it takes a long time to get water refilled. We have had the Hibachi style meals and ordered off the menu; both are very good. Lunch is cheaper than dinner for almost the same meal.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

sushi is fresh .i had sushi pizza ,habachi chicken is deleicious!
this is nice place,we will be back.

1  Thank deleby