See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I stayed at this location from 5/30/2016 to 5/30/2016. I had family members in from out of town, and I let them stay with their kids in my apartment, while I decided to grab a hotel room for myself. I did manage to grab a fantastic deal on this room on priceline.com, however I should have known that you get what you pay for.

It is absolutely true that this property has been fully renovated, and by the look of things, the renovation was very recent. However, what good is a total renovation, if the staff does not clean the room, several of the amenities do not work, and the staff when presented with the issues is totally indifferent?

First, the room I was given which is a queen bed standard room was microscopic. The space between the side of the mattress to the front of the heating/air conditioning unit is less than 24 inches. You can barely walk down that side of the bed. It was painfully obvious that the carpeting on that side of the bed had not been vacuumed in quite some time. There was hair, dust and other debris on the carpeting on the floor in this narrow area. All of the furniture was covered in dust; dust that was so thick that I could take my finger and write my name clearly in the dust on the surfaces. The bedspread was obviously not changed/washed prior to the room being assigned to me. There was a large amount of long black hair all over the bedspread, and there were several stains on the comforter as well that were clearly visible. The under-cabinet microwave oven in the kitchenette was not working and had been unplugged. When I opened the door to this microwave, there was obviously a fire that had occurred inside the microwave as there was a charred area, melted plastic and obvious burn marks all in the cooking chamber of the microwave. They did place a second microwave on the counter, which took up the very limited amount of kitchen counter space almost fully. The refrigerator had half eaten food inside of it from the previous guest, and there were food stains/spills inside the refrigerator. In addition the drip pans on the cook top were full of charred burned remains of previous cooking accidents from the previous guest. The kitchen hardwood floor was dirty and had visible stains/spills on it. The flatscreen TV did not work. I called down to the front desk to complain, and they said that because they did not have an open work ticket on the TV that I had the option of trying to find another room in the hotel, however I would have to pay an upcharge as they did not have any similar size rooms available. I declined their most "generous" offer, and worked on getting the TV to work by checking the power connections. I finally figured out that if I placed a book under the power cord where it attached to the TV, that the TV would then work. There must be a short in the power cable of some variety. Finally upon entering the bathroom, I found that there were 2 dirty towels on the floor between the toilet and the shower/tub that were obviously wet and used.

I contacted the front desk staff again for the second time to attempt to discuss the cleanliness issues. I was told by the male desk clerk that they were currently undergoing shift change and that I should cal back in one hour. I then went down to the front desk, and spoke to the same clerk who advised me again that I had the choice of staying in my room, or pay to upgrade to a different room. He said they could not clean my current room as housekeeping had left for the day. I checked out and left. I stayed with friends on their couch instead. I have attempted to contact the general manager of the hotel, but so far no response.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the property avoid the traffic noise from the 4 lane road in front. Also the free wifi is an absolute joke.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank TJMiller68
Reviewed 16 May 2016

There are so many negative reviews and such a low rating for this hotel however I had the best experience there this past week. Huge Room with Full Kitchen. Extremely Friendly Staff. Front Desk attendant called my room once I was in it to ensure everything was perfect with the room. I have zero complaints. I was iffy when I booked it because the rating was so long compared to others but the deal I found for a king size room for only $90 I couldn't pass up. The pictures of the room don't do the room justice. Its huge. Giant Bed, Couch, Chair, Full Kitchen with Fridge and Dishwasher, desk/Table. Really Stay here verses anywhere else you wont be disappointed. My Night was perfect thanks to this room :)

Room Tip: I got a room on the top floor happened to be in the corner. It was perfect
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2016

This location has been updated. Great stay,full kitchen, automatic doors, friendly staff and friendly customers. When I am in the area for more than a few days this location makes for a more comfortable

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It's great to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and accommodate your needs with a great stay! I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchens as well as our friendly customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have been in this Hotel more than 7 times in less than 3 months and This place its incredible clean,comfortable, but the best of all, the Costumer Services.
The manager Michelle, so professional at all possible ways that you can mention.
.I am extremely impressed with this location, comparing with many other places that i have been.
All the personal make you feel like a home, helpfull and the most important welcome

Room Tip: suites are larger than regular rooms
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Tuttle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience and exceptional customer service! I’m thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

This is a super nice very clean Hotel to stay at. Large room very comfortable to for out of town work. If in the area would stay here again. Full size kitchen, couch, recliner all new, nice queen size bed, Two AC units super nice

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business