“Lovely atmosphere ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a date. Had to seat ourselves and fetch our own menus. Decor and furniture dated but had a cosy feel. Large menu choice and good vegetarian and vegan selection. Food was absolutely lovely piping hot and exactly as described. Large portions too so excellent value for money! Dessert was divine and again a good range of them to choose from. Would recommend a visit you won’t be disappointed

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The food was better than I was expecting and it was piping hot and arrived soon after being ordered. The young staff were good too.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Went as a family of 5 including a very small baby. The pub really is dated and needs a good refurb but this doesn’t really bother me. Lots of parking not the most warm welcome but also no rude staff! My partner and I had burgers of the burger menu and it was by far the best burger meal I have ever had it came with a massive pot of sauce (you choose) a huge bucket of curly fries homemade coleslaw and a colossal burger better than Zak’s!! In laws had a roast which they said was very average and I must say looked rubbish but our meal made up for it! I will definitely return for a burger 4* only as a poor roast and toilets are terrible also no baby changing or disabled facility

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

... Table booked for 12:30 on 17th December ... Drinks ordered on arriving and put against our table number. After studying the comprehensive menu and the “specials board” we then ordered our food from the bar. The food arrived timely and all was fabulous with no complaints from two teenage boys (15 & 17) if fact, both said that they had not tasted a better burger anywhere! Scoring them a “perfect 10!”
5 Mains, 4 Deserts and 5 drinks came to £80, ... not bad at all! All the staff were friendly and happy ... Only one note, it was a little chilly where we were seated (table 13 - unlucky for some!) would’ve been really nice by an open fire place however, we’ll definitely eat here again ...

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Have been in the Railway quite a few times in the past and as we are back in Norfolk for a few days, thought we would go as we had never had a bad experience. To be fair it wasn't bad BUT I wonder if it has changed hands in the past 12 months as it has certainly gone down hill. Food was ok but nothing to write home about. Okay it's Winter and it's cold but it was also cold inside. Make your own minds up. We don't think we are going back, sorry.

1  Thank Robert T