“No nonsense grub”

Prandium of Southwold
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Southwold
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Description: Prandium of Southwold provide a very diverse menu. A great choice of breakfast options, full English, baguettes or perhaps granola & yoghurt. There are also salad options, sandwiches, baguettes & rolls, all great for picnics. Daily specials such as Chilli con carne, chicken Korma and much more!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Large portions of decent food at reasonable prices. Friendly service. Refreshingly unpretentious for Southwold.

prandiumsouthwold, Owner at Prandium of Southwold, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I'm always pleased to hear that a person enjoys the food. Glad you referred to it as "No nonsense"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Called in for lunch whilst visiting Southwold last Saturday. Found the owner very welcoming. This was our first experience of this simply furnished restaurant. Hadn't seen any reviews and didn't really know what to expect.
What a find. The owner,who I now know to be James, could not be more helpful, very honest, down to earth and extremely polite.
I ordered the large all day breakfast. Wow, a feast and a half. Freshly cooked, excellent quality food and a very very generous portion. Probably the best breakfast meal I have ever had!!
My wife ordered a salad and baked potato with Tuna. Huge, fresh salad and thoughtfully presented. Free tea and coffee to complement the meal.
Made to feel at ease and nothing was too much trouble.
We will be back and I do hope James that your business will become a huge success. You deserve it. Many thanks

And you are a diamond for reviewing me. Thanks ;-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are lucky enough to live close by to this amazing place. The baguettes, rolls and sandwiches are truly amazing and packed full of good quality fillings! Keep up the good work. We will continue to return.

3  Thank kimheadboard

Glad you love this place. I thought I was the only one. Cheers for the review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an independent shop at the end of the High Street offering much more than your average sarnie! Nothing is too much trouble,a tremendous range of breads and fillings all prepared while you wait. The owner told us despite his efforts to supply all needs and his high hygiene rating he has experienced open hostility from Southwolds"elite".Well, he may not talk with a plum in his mouth, but boy, can he turn out a super sandwich! We wished him every success.

2  Thank clambert46
prandiumsouthwold, Owner at Prandium of Southwold, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving a review. I was pleased you wanted to give me a try. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your food. See you again, soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Need I say more, one of the best cafe/restaurants I have ever had the pleasure to visit. The owner James is one of the most friendly gentleman I have ever met in my life, and the food is superb. The baguettes are the largest and most generously filled in world I am sure, and the sausage and bacon are excellent and done to perfection with a free cup of tea to boot! We had a full English one morning and I have had a few in my time, it was one of the best that I have ever had. Prandium is only in it's infancy as it has only been open for 6 months so will only get better. I only wish that there were more of this type of place around and I am sure (and the owner certainly deserves it) it will become a roaring success. This is just what a cafe should be and it reminds me of what places to eat must of been like years ago so friendly and down to earth as if you have been going there for years and at the same time with a modern twist. This is the first time I have left a review but I just felt that this place and owner deserve some special praise, thanks James and take care.

2  Thank Johnefcbees

John, thank you for taking the time to especially right a review. This is truly appreciated. I am glad I seem to have hit the spot. Your review is filled with compliments & I'm humbled. Many thanks. Pop in anytime your about. You'll be most welcome. James