“Jackie, Paul, Katie, Terri and Harry”
other travellers have booked this property
Loom Cottage (far side)  Weavers is next door, nearside. Garage for 'Loom' is further down the lane.
Loom Cottage (far side) in  Spinners Lane.  These are the 1st cottages on the right as you enter.   Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Loom/access to rear entrance via wrought iron gate (on right).
Wifi, Blu ray DVD player, 40in flat screen TV, great (up to date) films and books, plus games.
Comfy front room. Leather John Lewis sofas.
Loom Fireplace, Loads of quality books/games available.
3 Seater Sofa Bed, 2 seater sofa, armchair, footstool. Seats 7.
Home from home, tasteful décor. Quirky touches everywhere.40 ins TV, great DVDs!
Bathroom on the right of hallway, kichen/diner at rear. Stable door leads to back yard.
Hallway leading to kitchen/diner
Downstairs Bathroom with power shower over bath, shower switch in hallway. Shower switch in hallway.
Kitchen/Diner   Seating for 4. Stable door to back yard/ outdoor seating. Have breakfast outside!
Well stocked kitchen/diner. Electric touch control hob/ electric oven/ washer/dryer. Ample crockery.
Kitchen/Diner, stable door table and chairs outside
Have breakfast outside! Exit kitchen through stable door, sit in back yard
Stairs from kitchen leading to bedroom, enclosed, handrail, 10 stairs only.
Double Bedroom,  Comfy bed, cotton bedlinen, tranquil setting = a good nights' sleep!
Double bedroom, ample space
Cosy....
Twin Bedroom, comfy mattresses, headboards, 2 side lamps, quality cotton bedding.
Cosy and homely 2nd bedroom, entered via landing from stairs (not steep) with handrail.
Weekly stay Christmas/New Year Hamper
Short Stay (min 3 days) hamper for Christmas/New Year period. Lovely decorations also!
Lovely Christmas decorations in Loom.
Past Blyth Hotel, straight on past Crick Court,  shops (other side). 300m to Spinners Lane turning.
Turn right at John Bennetts Shop into Spinners Lane. Marks Fish + Chip Shop is further on the left.
The far end of Spinners Lane leads to nearby S-wold Common,  where there is additional free parking.
The garage is clearly marked, about halfway straight down The Lane, a few metres from Loom Cottage.
You are here! The first cottages you will see on the right in the lane! Watch the world go by...
Award winning Southwold Pier, see the quirky amusements, try the putting green, or the boating lake.
Take a Lighthouse Tour! See the inland (still in operation) lighthouse.
Gun Hill, famed for its' role in 'The Battle of Sole Bay..
Near the Pier, early evening.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Paul G
Worksop
“Jackie, Paul, Katie, Terri and Harry”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Just home from this cottage and loved it, has everything you could possibly want. For this time of year cottage was warm and cosy, but summer would be just as good. Location brilliant and Southwold wonderful. For dogs perfect place to visit Harry had wonderful time. If you want to visit Southwold I could not recommend this cottage highly enough and you would certainly not be disappointed!! Excellent service from owner - thank you

20 Feb 2014
Well, Jackie, Paul, Katie, Terri (and of course, Harry!)I am delighted you all enjoyed yourselves so much! If you're happy, I'm happy! Yes, I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true! It would be great to see you all again sometime, and this review highlights the fact that Southwold is great at any time of year. Thank you for all your kind words, and have a great 2014! P.S I can't wait; nearly time for my next visit!
ShirleyCo...
Bromley, United Kingdom
“One of the best holidays ever - wonderful cottage!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at Loom Cottage last week and it was one of the best holidays we've ever had in this country. The weather was fantastic which certainly helped and the cottage was gorgeous. From the moment I booked the cottage back in January everything was dealt with very professionally and the owner was extremely helpful and provided all the information you could possibly need. The cottage itself was exceptionally clean and well presented with lots of little extra personal touches which made the cottage feel even more cosy. You can tell that this cottage is loved and well cared for. The location is fantastic - it is in a quiet lane with no through-traffic, and at the far end of the lane is access to the golf course and fields which takes you to the estuary - it is a lovely short walk and there is a good pub at the end of the walk (The Harbour Inn). The other end of the lane is the start of the high street, so you are literally only a minute from all the shops and restaurants and only 7mins to the beach! My husband and I had planned to go walking every day and took all our wet weather gear with us only to find that we had a mini-heat wave so spent the entire week on the beach! We will definitely be booking for next year when we will be less lazy and do some of the Adnams Pub Walks to walk off all the good food we consume!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving - we didn't want to go home
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Sep 2013
My husband and I were actually staying next door at the same time so we had the pleasure of meeting this lovely couple (we were trying to stay incognito as we didn't want to be intrusive but they realized it was us)! It's lovely to receive a review like this, it's informative as well as so appreciative! So glad you had a great holiday, and thank you so much for these comments! It is true, Loom Cottage is loved, and I'm so glad it shows!It's also great that the service beforehand was mentioned, as I do try to be as helpful as possible.We just want everybody to have the best holiday possible!
TheGoblin...
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Charming, cosy cottage in great location”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Loom Cottage is a real 'home from home'. Very well appointed and ultra convenient for town, common and beach. Very clean with all mod cons. Downstairs bathroom can be a little inconvenient at night but curtails the need to 'go'. All in all a very pleasant stay in a lovely area of Suffolk. Would return in future.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Downstairs bathroom
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
24 Jun 2013
It's lovely to receive a review like this, it does highlight the convenience of the location really well! It's also great that the cleanliness was mentioned, as often these points go unmentioned unless it's a negative! I'll pass it on to the housekeeper, she will be pleased her good work is noticed! Downstairs bathroom cannot be helped I'm afraid but on the other hand, it saves going upstairs during the day! I must say We are so lucky to get such lovely, appreciative guests...so thank you all for the kind words! If I win the lottery I promise I will install an 'en suite' upstairs!
Paul D
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Cosy & Comfortable”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We've been renting houses in Southwold for many years, but this was our first visit to Loom Cottage - and won't be our last. This is a very cosy and comfortable cottage situated in a small and quiet private road just a couple of minutes' walk from the High Street in one direction and Southwold Common in the other.

The cottage is thoughtfully furnished and well equipped, with an extensive library of books and DVDs in case of a rainy day.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Jun 2013
Thank you so much for these comments..we like to provide the additional 'homely touches' and it's great that this attention to detail is noticed. As we visit regularly, we are very aware of what needs updating/changing. My husband tells me off for my non-stop purchasing!We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again for your apt and descriptive review.
H R
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage in a lovely part of the world.”
Reviewed 15 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We've stayed in many cottages / villas and Loom Cottage is as good as any. Comfortable and cosy, well equipped and tucked away from the main road. We thought the location was ideal, sufficiently placed away from the seafront to avoid any noise (not that there was any) and close enough to enjoy an evening stroll without traipsing for miles before getting anywhere. Having a garage to park the car was a bonus.
We had a terrific week.

Liked best: Good beds
Liked least: No Wi Fi, but not really a problem.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
23 Jun 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, I'm so glad you enjoyed the week. I know there were loads of events over the Jubilee, and the weather was much better than in London so I'm sure it was a special week! I'm really pleased the location was perfect for you, we think it's a great spot and yes, perfectly summed up as ' a lovely part of the world!' I would also like to say that I love the rapport with the guests, and I think I am lucky to have so many lovely people stay in Loom Cottage!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks again for your kind words.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing