“Great Grouse”

The Anchor at Walberswick
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the pretty seaside village of Walberswick, with views from the rooms and terraces over to the sand dunes, beach and sea. A short walk to the beach, wonderful walks to Dunwich and Southwold.A cosy pub with a log fire in the bar, restaurant and family room. We have 10 comfortable bedrooms, 4 in the main Arts & Craft building and 6 garden chalets, clad in eco-sourced wood. The garden chalets have sofas and outside seating for sunny days. We also have 3 dog friendly chalets with French doors opening onto the back garden.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I went for a Fig, Rocket and Goat Cheese starter. It was a lovely light salad which I had because I had chosen my main dish which was not going to be light. It was Red Grouse breast with mashed potato, carrots and kale. And it was great, despite my not being a fan of kale.
We had a bottle of Picpoul, followed by an excellent Priorat.
The wine list is very good as is the service. Need to book.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Team were friendly but a bit scruffy. Wine menu looked good. We had whole partridge with sauté potatoes, heritage carrots and Savoy cabbage which was very tasty. For pudding date and toffee pudding with banana ice cream. My husband had rice pudding with quince jam, again he enjoyed it. Aspall cider was good. Total bill for above plus 2 pints of cider each £65

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We come across this place while discovering wallberswick.
Lovely pub very dog and people friendly.
Very nice food a bit expensive but well worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The venison liver was outstanding, I liked it so much I had it twice. As always the fish cake was excellent. A fantastic range of beer as well beautifully kept. The mosaic and ghostship are highly recommended. We will be staying in November, really looking forward to it.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Excellent food (fish and chips + fish cakes) and you couldn't ask for friendlier service. Great selection of beer and wine. Nice and comfortable rooms. We will be back!!