“Very enjoyable for a light lunch”
Review of Another Level

Another Level
Ranked #194 of 383 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I visited for a light lunch recently and was very pleased with my smoked salmon and avocado sandwich on brown bread. It was well presented by a smiling member of staff.
I have also visited for just coffee with friends and the atmosphere is cosy and friendly.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Went there for the first time today and such a welcome relief from all of the corporate chains that sadly dominate in Chelmsford. Good food, tremendous coffee and very friendly staff all served in a refreshing decorated cafe.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Have visited this café on several occasions for coffee and am never disappointed, the cake is always delicious and the staff are friendly and helpful. Because of this, chose it as venue for Afternoon tea for my sisters hen do, they were very happy for us to put decorations and helped us set all the tables up. We did have to wait a long time for food and drinks as only one member of staff on tills, although manager came down to help later on but despite this the cake and drinks were all correct and tasty and staff were very helpful and apologetic. Overall a really lovely café

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Had lunch there with 3 friends. Optimistic start - lovely decor, friendly staff, wide variety of basic but good sounding choices on the menu however I was sadly disappointed. I had the fish finger sandwich and a pot of tea. The fish was grey, the bread was either stale or under- toasted. The ketchup was awful and left a nasty after taste all afternoon. The tea was ok though! Such a shame don't think it will survive without change as such a lot of good competition in Chelmsford now. Not much point having lovely ambiance and friendly staff if the food is awful.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

I really want this place to do well. It offers unique views over the cathedral grounds, comfortable tables and chairs, nice décor and I like the chilled out jazz that played in the background. After that it was all downhill. They serve Illy coffee which is a good brand but my Flat White was distinctly average. It tasted like percolated coffee with a splash of milk and was served in a tall mug. My croissant was soggy before I'd dunked it. I saw a customer walk away disgruntled because his take away toast was underdone and there was nothing to spread the butter with. Ultimately I saw no finesse with the food. As I said at the start, I really want this place to succeed. This is a new café. It combines a Medi-spa as part of its business. I cant speak for that but after the diner experience I wouldn't be tempted to try that now. I was wondering why go to all the trouble to make the place look so nice and then not deliver on the product? A mystery? No. It was empty when entered and empty when I left. People vote with their feet. Would I go back? Maybe in a few months, if they are still around.