“Very good ”
Review of Bogaz

Bogaz
Ranked #68 of 389 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Description: Authentic Turkish Restaurant with a modern twist. We offer a high class dining experience with seating and bars on both floors of our restaurant.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very enjoyable family meal at Bogaz. All eight of us enjoyed it. We were there to celebrate my wife’s 50th birthday and it was a great night. The food and service was superb as it was the first time we visited. The meals are large so there is no need to order starters. The flat bread and salad they serve is enough. The food arrived promptly as did the drinks. They were not concerned about the balloons on the table or the birthday cake. All the waiters entered in to the spirit of things by singing happy birthday to my wife. All in all a very good and enjoyable night. As for price, if you enjoy the food then it is worth the price.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

excellent food great experience with superb service staff were very tentive would go back and will recommend to my friends and family

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent dining experience with lovely fresh food and good service. Plus a dress code (which at first seemed a bit old fashioned and stuffy) actually makes the dining experience feel more like a special occasion. Would recommend and definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I would comment on the food however I didn’t get to try any. My brother and his wife had recommended this restaurant (they do not have children) so I travelled an hour to meet them both here with my 5 year old, as we arrived the waiter came over to say children cannot eat here after 6pm (it was about 5.50 and only 3 tables eating) they said if we sat at the back of the restaurant and ate as quickly as possible and left then we could stay, we moved right to the back where we couldn’t be seen but then because we was waiting on 2 other family members and become to feel increasingly uncomfortable being asked what we wanted we paid for our drinks (left them all might I add) and left. I found this really embarrassing and unprofessional although the staff were friendly enough and said sorry it’s just not what Turkish culture is about, living in north london it’s the home of Turkish cuisine and family is everything you can go into a restaurant at 11pm and Still see families eating out it’s what it’s about. This establishment is trying to be too posh and fancy when they’d get much more business branching out to families. Reading the website I see that it is stated on there about the children but who checks a website before you go? Never heard of it in my life, more like a club entrance with dress codes and no children.

Remember your roots. Very dissapointing.

No hoods no hats no trainers no shorts no sportswear no children and don’t you dare smile when you walk in either ;)

4  Thank Georgia H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is nicely presented and has a good atmosphere.
The food was excellent, only slight negative was the service was a little lacking. However it was extremely busy on the Saturday evening we dined there.

That said the staff were always helpful and willing - perhaps they need more?

Definitely will go back - perhaps not on a Saturday evening