“Good sweet treats”

Whammy Chew’s
Ranked #126 of 400 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This is a great thing to come to Chelmsford as this is what the city was lacking. Good choice on the menu of different drinks and desserts. Cash payment only.

whammy c, Owner at Whammy Chew’s, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi Emily, thank you so much for your lovely review. We're glad you enjoyed whats on our menu. We would just like to let you know that we now take card payments as well as cash :)

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

So we visited Sunday for the 1st time and wasn’t sure if we’d get a table as I’ve read how busy it can get on weekends but luckily a table was just being cleared by one of the waitresses ,
We was told to politely wait a couple of moments whilst she finished clearing it ,

We had a look at the menu whilst we were waiting ,
I’m not a massive fan of desserts but my two children persuaded me to have one and I’m so happy I did ,
The milk chocolate cookie dough
My two children choose waffles a create ur own where my daughter literally had everything she could on the waffle she loved it and my son said the Oreo oh my god (I think it was called ) was delicious ,
We will def be back again soon ,

Hello, firstly we would like to thank you for your in-depth review, we really appreciate it.
We hope we have changed your views on desserts, the cookie dough is one of our favourites!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend a couple of nights ago and we will definitely be back!
The staff are so friendly and helpful, we couldn’t decide what to order as there was so much to choose from!
We love that they cook everything fresh to order, i’d definitely recommend getting the cookie dough! To top that off I had a Crunchie Frog freak-shake that was to die for
Although I was very full from the amount I had eaten I loved it and will be returning very soon.

Hi, thank you for your review. It's always good to know customers appreciate us cooking everything fresh and don't cut corners. We can't blame you for being full as the portions are big but we know it's hard to say no to a menu like ours!
We look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Have been twice now, this time we went on a Saturday night at about 10pm and we were the only ones there, we sat ourselves down and ordered with no trouble.
The wait was acceptable given we were both having cooked food (hot cookie dough & a waffle).

The food is flawless, it really is yummy, great portion sizes and the toppings on the waffle are sooooo generous unlike other dessert places we’ve been to and the prices are more than reasonable.

The only negative I have is that the doors were kept WIDE open and so was the back door, it was absolutely freezing in there and it did make it a bit less enjoyable, I get that they want to advertise that they’re open and to attract customers but maybe get a sign to sit out the front rather than having the doors open because both times I’ve been I have been so so so so cold in there and it does take away from the experience - it’s such a simple thing to fix and had I not been freezing both times we’d been we would’ve given 5 stars.

Overall, very good and we will be back

Hello, we'd like to thank you for the kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the food and think our pricing is fair.
We apologise for it being cold inside the shop, as the staff are in a heated kitchen we unfortunately don't feel the cold, however, if you had asked we would have been more than happy to close it for you :) When the weather starts to get colder again we will be getting heaters for the seating area so our customers don't have to eat uncomfortably.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This place could do with a lot of upgrading. The desserts I got were good, however they advertise Nutella on their desserts, however it’s definitley nutella, it’s a non branded chocolate spread. The ice cream had a icey taste and wasn’t cream which I personally prefer, however my mum said it tasted homemade and age preferred the icy ice cream. I went in as I came across a advert on instagram otherwise, I’ve driven past countless times. The outside looks as though it’s closed and when I entered, no one greeted me or asked if I had been before. All the staff were at the back of the shop and could not been seen. We just assumed we have to go up and order ourselves. The staff were not particularly friendly or asked if we had been before, if everything was ok. Considering it’s a new company, they just weren’t welcoming. It’s a really dark place with no decorations, music or anything. I would go again, however it is overpriced and once Creams comes to Chelmsford, I won’t bother going again.

3  Thank Abi Y

Hi Abi, thank you for the honest review. We aren't too sure why you think we use a non-branded chocolate spread but we can assure you that it is Nutella that we use. Maybe because it appears a sauce and not a spread there could be some confusion? As you may have noticed, we have recently been changing the décor to make it more welcoming. We also have a new front of house team that greet every customer and explains that it isn't table service and we take all orders at the till.
We apologise you didn't enjoy your time at Whammy Chews and we hope you come back and experience the improvements we've made first hand.