“Enjoyable birthday meal”

Price range: US$13 - US$51
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Zenxi brings together the very best of Oriental fine-dining to Chelmsford. The design of ZENXI has been meticulously thought of and planned, the layout of the restaurant being set over 2 floors and uses modern materials, soft lighting, Italian furniture along with traditional visual impacts such as waterfalls and a grand piano which all harmonize to create a luxury setting, for you to enjoy at lunch or dinner. Attention to detail is of primary importance at ZENXI which is also carried through to our menu; Consisting of over 150 dishes, including many classic favourites to the very NOW dishes; Every dish is freshly prepared as ordered using the finest quality products, this ensures fresh and detailed flavours, something we know you appreciate. Our handpicked wine list is also vast with over 70 wines from around the world, champagnes and cocktails for all occasions to compliment your fine-dining experience.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went on a busy Thursday night just before Easter. We didn't book but we were lucky - the restaurant was packed by 8pm so I'd recommend booking.

We had the chef's choice set menu. Mixed starters were all good (ribs, squid, crab, prawns, seaweed), although the char grilled jumbo king prawns were hard to get out of their shells - probably over cooked.

Crispy Duck was good - loads of meat for 3 of us.

Three mains also good (scallops, steak, prawns) - just way too much food for us overall.

This set menu was £35 a head, and with drinks it came to just over £120, with service on top. At the pricy end but service was great, even in a busy restaurant, so we'll be back for special occasions.

1  Thank alanj2010

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I recommend this restaurant for everyone. The food is amazing and very good service from the waiters. Thank you to Danae and Mark for your service.

2  Thank socioibiza
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Zenxi Chinese restaurant in Chelmsford for lunch last Sunday celebrating my wife and sons birthdays and what a great choice. We had the classic set menu and it was delicious, the starter selection was perfect followed by Duck and Pancakes then the main course Beef tender and tasty, Prawns huge and succulent then Sweet 'n Sour Pork crispy and tasty, I'd recommend to all who enjoy Chinese food.

1  Thank Stevepdc
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I recently visited with my parents of a Friday night, and had an amazing evening as always! Mark is always amazing at getting us a table even on busy evenings, and he managed to fit us in for 7pm. The staff were friendly as always and certainly bring a smile to your face. The food is without doubt the best Chinese food I have ever had, full of flavour and just simply delicious! The evening we visited they had an incredibly talented young lad singing and playing guitar - I believe his name to be Aaron. He was so incredibly talented and played a loop of my favourite songs. His voice complimented the meal perfectly and made for a perfect atmosphere! I cannot wait to return!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My first visit to Zenxi and hopefully not my last. I visited with friends for a special birthday, they allowed us to decorate the table and take our own cake in which they brought over after the meal and quite happily sang happy birthday, which was lovely. There were 5 of us and we went for the set menu priced at £24.95 each, there was so much food that we could have got away with ordering for 4 people instead of the 5. The food was incredibly, the taste, the quality and the way it was presented was amazing. They are happy to box up any left overs to. Price wise, I think the food is priced a little more than you'd normally pay but was totally worth it. The cocktails were quite pricey but l expect that's what you pay these days. Staff were lovely and the evening was a success. Definitely one to try.