Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,295 results
All reviews boat house team stars pizza hut boathouse restaurant great entertainment entertainment team bar staff family holiday half term min drive welcome pack clacton pier outdoor pool great holiday short break sea front teamstars
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Yes the building work was disappointing but it has all you need for a caravan holiday. The pool is great for the older ones with the slide and the warm baby pool was great for my 2 year old. Staff were lovely and food options on site were good and just off site is a KFC local tesco to stock up plus a Pizza Hut and 5 mins away from a mac Donald's. The town is a five minute car ride and there is a bus stop located just outside with regular buses to town. Entertainment is the usual that I have found at all park resorts and I found it quite quiet at night. . You can always find faults if you look it them but having time with the family is priceless my friends are looking forward to joining me next year for girlie weekends and kids birthdays. The timing of renovations would have been better bet I'm hoping the expansion to the site will generate more business allowing more funds to put back in providing more play areas for the kids.

1  Thank stanny1979
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Me and my family have been visiting this park for over 25 years now and I have never seen this caravan park in such poor state. The park manager who has only been in charge for a couple of years and has manage to take this park and turn it from bad to worse. The main club house had to be shut due to a large brawl, and not to mention the onsite shop has been replaced by more caravan spaces and less playing field. The park has now been extended to 12 months of the year which now attracts many unwanted people who wish to reside here permanently, this takes away the feeling of a holiday park. My children have never wanted a holiday to end, but this one goes down as a summer holiday to forget. Message to all family's please consider other caravan parks with more for your children will enjoy. The pictures on the web site look amazing but this park no longer has half of it left!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MrsW_21
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Ultimately you are coming to a budget holiday park, so expecting something amazing will inevitably lead to disappointment!
We stayed on a touring pitch. They were quite close together but it was friendly.
The toilet block does leave a little to be desired but campsite toilet blocks are generally a bit yuck!
We weren't disturbed by the building work but we went at the weekend.
The clubhouse was good enough, the kids there seemed to love it. We ate at the restaurant, which I would say is of weatherspoons standard.
We went in to clacton which was nice...the bus goes from right outside the campsite. There is also a massive tesco in walking distance.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

our family came home yesterday from the worst holiday we have even been on, nothing for the children to do apart from swimming and a very very bad arcade with staff that that was so rude.they have ripped up there adventure playground to make way for more caravans so now the children have no where to play apart from a tiny bit of grass with 2 swings right on top of the main entrance next to the main road on the camp, not exactly safe to let the kids off to play on, had i been told this when i booked i would of taken my kids to a different camp but the email was held off untill a few days before we left telling us about buliding works. the entertainment was non existent in the evening the bar shuts at 12am and you cant get anything to eat past 9:30pm on the camp. the caravan was disgusting floors was sticky, as was the worktops. my caravan was nearly broke into on thursday someone tried to prise the window open and bent it so it wouldnt close properly, i reported it was told security would be over to make sure it was safe and secure but i saw nobody so i ended up staying in the last 2 nights to make sure no one tried to break in again. all i heard all week was people complaining about everything i can not say that 1 thing that week was good or enjoyable even my children asked on day 3 when can we go home as they was so bored. i will never go back there ever again and would not recommend this park to anyone complete waste of money terrible site to be honest it has put me off of park resorts all together.

Room tip: go to a different park
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank nicola g
Reviewed 24 August 2014

On arriving to this holiday park we were greeted by a building site all fenced off with roads & pavements closed not a good start. We booked a bronze caravan which was pretty basic but you get what you pay for. We were quite near the back of the park which suited us as it was quiet but lots of caravans were dumped in the car parking area ( this we named the caravan graveyard) made parking the car sometimes difficult. The childrens play area had been removed so the few play area left was very basic. There were 2 bouncy castles which I took my 5 year old to only once as overtaken with older unruly kids who kept telling my daughter to get off ( where were their parents?). Most of the kids on this park were awful one morning we came out of our caravan to be greeting by a lad no older 5 dropping half a paving slab on the bonnet of someone's car over & over again to which we shouted & he run off. The swimming pool was ok but very cold & in need of some updating. My daughter loved the water slide. The bin areas were all overflowing & much rubbish just blowing around the site. The clubhouse was always packed if you didn't get there by 6.30pm you had no chance of getting a table also it was very dark. Entertainment was basic but the entertainment team tried their best. All in all we made the best of our week away getting off the park some days as not enough to do. We will definitely not be rebooking Highfield Grange Caravan Park and wished we had paid a bit extra & gone abroad.

Trip type: Travelled with family