“Pizza fine, pasta yuk!”

Ranked #15 of 127 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Found at the end of the high street of this beautiful market town and less than 10 minutes from the nearest tube, this modern restaurant offers a relaxed and warm atmosphere, which makes for a perfect daytime or night out rendez-vous for families, couples and visitors to the area.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had a voucher from my tesco club card totalling £50.00 to use in Zizzi so I took my family. It was fairly busy and it took ages to even get a drink ordered. we eventually ordered or meals of 2 different pizzas, 2 different pasta dishes (pulled beef and venison strozzapreti and casareccia pollo piccante) and Chianti lamb shank. The pizzas and the lamb shank were delicious. The two pasta dishes comprised overcooked pappy pasta and completely tasteless sauces. my daughter and I had intended to go half each on the pasta but we didn't bother as the both tasted equally bland. I complained to the waitress and she did offer an alternative but by that time I had eaten half and she did not charge for both pasta dishes.

The total bill was still £106.00 with 1 drink each and a sweet) so I do think it was a bit dear for 3 main meals and 5 sweets and 5 drinks.

I would not be going back.

1  Thank SueMathers

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Always love going to zizzis and hornchurch is one of my favourites.
But my most recent visit seemed to be lacking a happy atmosphere. The staff are always happy and attentive when serving but they don't seem all too happy to be there. Same goes for the kitchen team. Sure they smile but it doesn't quite reach their eyes. This mood seems to have had an affect on the restaurant itself and I think it's due to the teams moral.
Maybe if the place had a splash of paint, a refurb? Might perk up spirits of both staff and customers.

I will keep coming back to zizzi hornchurch but hope the life comes back into the place. And soon. You'd be amazed by what a lick of paint and colour does to an establishment

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Had the mixed starter which had three or four bits of calamari, three small bits of fish and the rest was an oily mess of what should have been fresh vegetables. This was meant as a sharing starter for about £15 and not good value. My main was a large pizza which was sort of white all over, with a few dotted about pieces of pulled pool and tomato - again - too sparse with the main ingredients. The waitress was lovely. the restaurant is cold - i kept my coat on.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here with the children, they have a children’s menu and the kids enjoyed there meals. There is a good selection of meals for the adults also. There is also a good selection of wines and beers. The restaurant is spacious and airy. The parking is free after 6ish down the side of the restaurant. Ideal for a meal with children.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Went to zizzi hornchurch with my family. Wife and two daughters.
Food on the whole was very good. One main a spinach pasta dish was not great. But the wild boar meatball starter was amazing. Great pizza and puddings too girl's very happy.
Drink selection was generally great. However poor cocktail selection and no southern comfort disappointed my wife.
Staff were top class. Whilst they appealed a little understaffed there attractiveness and service was first class. We'll done.
The atmosphere lets this place down feels more like a cafe than a restaurant. Also cold inside I'm a big fella who never feels the cold but had to wear my jacket to stay warm.
Would definitely go again though.