All reviews the pub cooked breakfast exceptional food high street comfortable bed mood lighting lovely room walk in shower separate building lovely meal stayed here for one night breakfast room a lovely stay full english good nights sleep yogurt hill house
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Beautiful hotel and very chic for my wife and her bridesmaids to get ready and for our guests to stay overnight however a few hiccups along the way but a massive thank you to John the owner to sorting in a instant. Will come back to stay as Mr & Mrs.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

...I’m feeling generous so will round up to a 3.

Positives

- Very welcoming staff who walked me to my room
- Beautifully finished bathroom

Negatives

- Booked through the most well known hotel website and no mention of the rooms being in a separate building off the site, albeit only a short walk into the village.
- Very bland bedroom
- Stayed in room 1 and I do not have a clue what is below the room but the heat coming through the floor is insane (before a sassy hotel manager replies to this, yes the heating was off, the outdoor temperature was 13 degrees, the windows were open and the time of year was mid October!)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TheVerekers, Manager at The Bell Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Pleased the staff provided you a suitable welcome and your liked the bathroom. We are not sure why you found the room so warm, or so bland. We are sure our location mentions the layout of sites but as you draw it to our attention, I will go and check and make sure it’s correct.
From a non sassy hotel manager.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Did not stay at the hotel but went to the bell pub for lunch, unfortunately my meal was Luke warm when served, I had the liver this was very sinuery and the veg undercooked, the staff picked up on the unfortunate state of my lunch and offered me an alternative which I declined, my meal was taken of our whole bill, the staff were polite and accomodating at all times, I am sure this was a blip as I've eaten here before without a problem.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Our favourite restaurant, have tried many but always favour the Bell. Great atmosphere fantastic food and great staff. Try Ostlers also part of the Bell. Make a special occasion fabulous! Great for couples and families. The bar is also great for an evening out.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the Bell Inn early this month with a group of 42 friends. As we are all Mazda MX5 owners it was our yearly get together. The staff at the Bell Inn were fabulous, friendly, polite and obliging. The rooms, I had a single, are very clean and very comfortable at a good price. All this in a picturesque area.
I genuinely cannot think of a negative to add.
Well worth a visit and I for one will be back.

Date of stay: September 2018