“A bit bland”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with a family group on a Saturday evening, having pre-booked. On arrival the table wasn’t ready, but we didn’t have to wait too long to be seated. The subsequent wait, however, even for drinks orders to be taken, was too long, and then the waiter wasn’t very well organised.

The food was ok, but generally under seasoned, and overall just a bit bland. The little sauce pots provided - eg, for a saté chicken starter - were tiny, and totally inadequate given that the starter platters were meant to be shared between two or three people. Portion sizes in general were barely adequate - certainly not generous.

There were one or two excellent dishes - eg, grilled river prawns - but, overall, it was a little disappointing, and not great value for money, in my opinion.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is a large thai restaurant and the staff were helpful. They only stuck with the set lunch menu and would not deviate as I like thai soups with noodles. Was a bit pricey for lunch, but the food was ok

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I was greeted warmly and ordered my drinks, which came quickly.

They took my meal order, which again was served quite quickly.

The Panang was lovely.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

beautiful setting, couldn't fault the gentleman serving us. I have visited Thailand and the food is true to its roots at tara thai. Drinks are a little bit limited, I dont drink beer or wine so it was either spirit or a soft. Cocktail menu would be fab

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Booked a table for 7.30PM - I don't think we got out of there until 10PM or so, there was only 4 of us and we didn't have desserts/coffee, just wanted a reasonably nice dinner before heading elsewhere..

Food was average if I'm honest. Tom Yum soup was more like a bowl of hot water with boiled chicken and mushrooms floating in it. I know its not meant to be a creamy soup but I've had far far better elsewhere. Noodles were a bit gloopy, rice is rice, and the main dishes were OK. But the service, oh dear. Was 30 mins or more before we even got to place order, starters took forever, when the main dishes eventually arrived a couple had been missed so there was a 10 min delay on those whilst mad-panic cooking went on no doubt.

No-one died, but I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Lee C