“Delicious food!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Birdlip
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Foston's Ash is perfectly situated between Cheltenham, Gloucester, Cirencester and Stroud. This is a great venue, in the heart of the Cotswold Hills and Cider With Rosie country, to meet up with loved ones, especially in the summer months when our gorgeous family garden really comes to life. Whether you’re looking to while away a long winter evening in front of our roaring log fire or dine al fresco on our terrace or gardens during the warmer months, the Foston's Ash is the perfect venue. We’re open all day, have plenty of room for parking and welcome families and children, so we’re worth going the extra mile for.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

7 of us came here for dinner tonight. 5 adults, one teenager and one younger child. It was very quiet (only 2 other tables filled), but it was a lovely atmosphere and delicious food. Our only disappointment was that there was no pork left. But they still had plenty of other roast options and specials.

My sister and I had the cottage pie that was on the specials list. It was rich and meaty. It came with cabbage and extra gravy. A small grumble was that another veg option would have been nice, but just a minor concern.

My Dad had the roast beef this was rich, plentiful and delicious. 2 others had lamb with bubble & squeak and the remaining 2 had roast lamb (from the specials). Again these were all rich & highly stacked plates, all delicious!

We had a mixture of brownies and sticky toffee pudding for pudding, again all delicious and good sized portions.

The service was great too, attentive but not overly so.

Clean toilets!

We were surprised how quiet it was and are likely to go back later in the week!
We definitely preferred it here over the Butcher’s Arms at Sheepscombe.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I were staying locally on a two day break and we can honestly say that our meal at this pub was the dining highlight of our visit to the area. Although busy for a mid-week night, a table had been thoughtfully reserved for us and in an instant we were presented with menu cards as our drinks were served. For starters my wife chose whitebait and I opted for the king prawns that came thoughtfully presented and well balanced with chorizo. As main courses my wife had the fillet of sea bass and I ordered the roulade of 'old spot'. Both dishes came invitingly prepared and I have to say that my local pork dish tasted superb with its rich gravy and accompaniments of 'al dente' leeks and bubble. Desserts were homemade and equally imaginative and fresh. Well kept Sharps Atlantic ale, the whole meal served by a delightful switched-on young bar maid. Definitely recommended, only wish we lived more locally!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Ate here twice in autumn 2017.
Clean, well presented dining/bar area. Does not quite manage the atmosphere, the friendly welcome, the full country pub feel.
The first meal was fine, reasonable pub food but nothing to write home about. I was in a group of 8, and there was plenty of room for us etc. In fact, local office groups seemed to be most of the rest of the clientele.
The second time, I was in a small group. I had a trout special, and regretted it. We were the last of the lunchtime service, so may be that had something to do with it. My friends meals were fine.
I eat regularly in the local area and feel that other local pubs at Sheepscombe, Nettleton, Miserden and Slad have a better welcome and food.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Tasty food with good choice in pub full of character. Pleasant young serving staff and warming open fire.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We went to the Fostons Ash for my birthday. the food was delicious and the staff really friendly. My main course was so tasty - old spot roulade. This is our 3rd visit and we'll definitely be back. Can't praise it enough!!!!!

1  Thank Rebecca H