“Average at best”

Joshua Bradley
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Hyde
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We provide the very best of food and drink – the ideal location for a wide range of occasions. Join us for a refreshing drink, a casual snack, a little celebration or that special night out Whatever your reason for visiting us we promise the kind of service that leaves you free to enjoy the moment. The Joshua Bradley & Bluebell Suite is the perfect venue for your wedding/civil ceremony and reception as not only is it a beautiful property with landscaped gardens but we also offer a professional and dedicated team to assist you every step of the way.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here Easter Sunday which was busy. Ordered pate to start which was nice the both if us ordered the chicken supreme - unfortunately there was nothing supreme about it. It looked a very anaemic piece of chicken placed on top of lots of new potatoes (too many as got bored of eating them) leeks and a few mushrooms. No sauce and certainly no seasoning. We both felt it was a boring disappointing main meal. We have certainly had better here.

joshua b, General Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Many thanks for you comments, sorry the food didn't meet up to your expectations on this visit. I have fed the feedback to the kitchen and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My wife and I and our cousin (who lives in the Hyde area) booked a table to enjoy lunch during the afternoon of Sunday 18th March 2018. We ordered different starters, main meals and sweets and also a bottle of Riocha red wine - coffee to finish.
This was one of the nicest, informal and relaxed dining-out meals, from a comprehensive menu, that we have enjoyed in a long time. I enjoyed an (original for me) starter of mini onion bargis with a side of fig and onion chutney, followed by a rolled shoulder of lamb with traditional veg and a Yorkshire pudding.
To add to the pleasure of great chef cooked food was the service and hospitality provided by our most pleasant waitress, Caroline, a credit to the standard of hospitality at this venue. If you decide to visit Joshua Bradley for a meal, (have a pleasant drink or two from an equally pleasant landlord before being seated - nice range of beers) be sure to ask when booking for a table that will be attended by Caroline who will surely augment the pleasure of eating with her delightful approach to service.
Check out the good wine list - we enjoyed a very pleasant Riocha.
Finally, the meals and drinks at this venue will not break the bank with competitively priced meals and wine.
As we finished the meal late afternoon, the empty tables were being prepared for afternoon teas - something we must sample on our next visit (we travelled from Warrington to be there).

1  Thank Ian H
joshua b, Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review Ian!

Caroline says she'll pass you that £20 next time you're in ;)

Always a pleasure

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone at the Joshua Bradley. I had a booking today for afternoon tea but unfortunately my husband was taken to hospital so we were unable to attend. I called up this morning and spoke with a gentleman and explain the situation. He was very sympathetic towards our situation. I asked if there was anyway I could still come and collect the food as a takeaway. As I wanted to surprise my husband at hospital. The staff said that this would be no problem and that it would all be boxed up for me.
I can’t thank you enough, both me and my husband loved it and we even shared the cake with the nurses. Hopefully next time we’ll be able to enjoy it in the restaurant

1  Thank Aimz2012
joshua b, Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

I'm so pleased that you were able to enjoy your afternoon tea, albeit in slightly less pleasant surroundings!

If you could give me a call on 0161 406 6776 I would like to invite you to afternoon teas as our guest.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Cannot tell you how fantastic Warren and his team were for my wedding this weekend (17/03/18) from the setting up to the meal to the venue dressing to when we had to call it early due to the weather they were professional and understanding throughout. Would thoroughly recommend them for any function.

1  Thank Rob D

I'm glad the day was a success; even thought the weather was against you.

Congratulations, and we wish you a happy and healthy life together.

Kind regards

Hannah and the team

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We visited in Feb for my mums birthday.. she likes the fish and chips from here and she wasn't disappointed.

Good food, Great service & a lovely decorated restaurant / bar

joshua b, Manager at Joshua Bradley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit :)