“failed booking given a room that wasnt what i paid for offered pathetic £40 refund”
Review of The Lowry Hotel

The Lowry Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Salford
Reviewed 23 October 2017

booked and paid for a superior king was given a room that not even listed on any the pictures and was half the size of what was advertised when i complained i was offered £40 absolute insult considering what i paid beware the room is an adjoining substandard room not whats pictured on the website

Room Tip: do not get stuck with a joining room thats half the size and not pictured on the website
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SimonpHarding, Manager at The Lowry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Lowry. I truly appreciate you taking the time and trouble to review your visit.

May I first of all say how very sorry I am that you left the hotel less than satisfied with the experience you received. We all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service and for this reason I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

I would like to express my sincere apologies that you were unhappy with the booking process I can comfirm that the upgrade fee of £40 is the correct amount and difference refunded by the on shift Duty Manager . I have emailed you personally away from this public forum and invite you to contact me, so that I may find out more details of your visit and can investigate the issues you raised in more detail.

Despite these unfortunate experiences, we hope that you will consider staying at The Lowry again in the near future, so we may have another opportunity to provide to you a more memorable experience.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,719)

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is lovely, the location was great, the staff were so attentive, so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for them. The room was beautiful. The bed was comfortable. Great location, close to the city centre and the arena.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 7 Stub App Tablet

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and found the team very attentive and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip and many more occasions to come.

Director Of Operations

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Stayed here last week while visiting my son at Manchester Uni. Great location, just a few hundred meters from the centre of town (via a footbridge) but quietly located on the river (Inwell I think). Good food. Nice restaurant with terrace on the water. Big, quiet modern rooms. Nice staff, especially the concierge team. All in: not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed thoughts with the Trip Advisor community what a fantastic review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially the dining experience in our two rosette river restaurant.

I'll be sure to share your comments with the relevant managers from our team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Director Of Operations

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Conference at Lowry Hotel but failed Lowry booking process had me booked overnight stay a day too early and lost my money! Very frustrating experience realised on the day before our original date that the website had changed our day to a day early. I informed web bookings to be told we were a no show and would need to pay again. We went elsewhere and will never book there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept my own personal apologies that certain aspects of your experience did not live up to your own expectations and our usual high standards.

I'll be sure to share both your comments with the relevant managers from my team here.

I would like to discuss your comments personally in more detail, I am unable to find your profile here at the Hotel from your username on this forum. Please could I ask you to contact me directly either on 0161 827 4075 or

simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stayed at The Lowry on 5.10.17 on our wedding night, having stayed in many hotels of varying standards in this country and around the world I found The Lowry to be disappointing for 5 star rating. The seal at the end of the bath was going black and there was hair on the tiles above the bath. My step daughter had booked a turn down service but as we were not expecting room service we said we hadn't ordered anything, the person just went away without explaining it had been booked to surprise us. The tea/ coffee making supplies were very basic and just four plastic packs of milk supplied. We live in Manchester and were disappointed to think this is the impression being given of our city. Breakfast was buffet style and just warm. No pool. Tried to click Trip Advisor rating buttons, no response Service 3, Rooms 4, Value 2, disappointed

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cforshaw2017

Dear Guest

May I first of all say how very sorry I am that you left the hotel less than satisfied with the bedroom offering. May I invite you to email me at simon.harding@thelowryhotel.com
or call my direct line on 0161 827 4075 so that I may find out more details of your visit.

Despite the constructive points you have raised, we hope that you will consider staying at The Lowry again in the near future, so we may have another opportunity to provide to you a more memorable experience and congratulations to you and new wife on your wedding.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
0.7 km away
2.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
1 km away
Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Been to The Lowry Hotel? Share your experiences!