All reviewsair conroom was cleanminute walk into towncovered walkwayexecutive roomnice quiet hotelfried breadfillet steakright hand sideplus pointnice groundsbar foodlong weekendbottled watermain buildingreception areatea coffee facilities
Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a lovely hotel, staff very friendly can't do enough for you especially Kayleigh she was excellent. Food was excellent, had three course evening meal and breakfast the following morning. No complaints whatsoever. The room was lovely again no complaints. In fact if myself and my husband are in the area we would not hesitate to book a room here.

We were with an organised coach trip so the staff were very busy but very friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Julian P, Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Happy to hear your comments and the names that pop in, we shall gladly welcome you next time that you are around

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Called the day before to request an early check in due to specific circumstances. Lily arranged this without a fuss and greeted warmly by her on arrival. Room had a very comfortable bed, new bathroom furniture but needs some attention to stained ceiling and sealant round the bath However it was incredibly clean. Breakfast was one of the best I have had.anywhere. Freshly cooked with best quality bacon and lots of it too! Served by Zorka and Mary who could not do enough to ensure I enjoyed it and my visits to the bar too! Nice chat with Liam as I checked out early at the end of my two days stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, We are grateful that you did enjoy your stay and i shall personally congratulate the staff members for their good service and attitude with the guest and work

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a three nights' stay; I think we were the only (elderly!) couple there. The remainder of the guests seemed to be contractors' men or business people. The hotel is situated close to Thruxton motor-racing circuit. It is superbly geared to these markets. The lounges adjacent to the bars are by some standards quite spartan, but clearly aimed at providing plenty of suitable accommodation for those taking the most excellent bar meals. Thus, one does not have the feeling of being prematurely thrust into a retirement home! The young ladies serving at the bar and at breakfast are delightful, and each member of staff we met was very friendly. The comprehensive breakfasts lean very much towards the 'full English', again very suited to the clientele we noted. Our room, in the annexe, was warm, clean, comfortable, and spacious, as was the en-suite. There is excellent walking to be had close at hand, and the town of Andover is about ten minutes walk away. The cost of our stay, including evening bar meals and drinks, was unbelievably low. A very welcome addition to the Best Western umbrella.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bandjclifford
Julian P, Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I shall congratulate in person for the good work to our dedicated staff, we do hope that next time that you are in the area you do visit us.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Great food and lovely staff, a fantastic night. Highly recommend. Thank you to Seb and Kayleigh for a wonderful night. Music romantic, set the scene. See you again soon can’t wait for our next visit. Spencer and Sue

Stayed: February 2018
Julian P, Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your kind Review, we shall pass the message and congratulate both Staff Gems and the others for their good work, and we shall be please dto have you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I was staying in Andover on business, at another hotel in the area. On Wednesday 24th Jan after working until shortly before midnight I found I was locked out of my hotel, and nobody was there to let me in and nobody was answering the phone. It was a cold night and I was tired so just needed to find somewhere warm and to sleep ASAP. I had a look online for hotels in the area and found the Best Western Andover. I called them at 00:05 to see if they had any rooms, and Jonathan answered. He said they just had one cleaned and ready to go. He booked me in and said he'd have it ready for when I arrived. When I got there he checked me in, sympathised with me, pointed me towards the free WiFi code, and even lent me his phone charger for the night since my phone had ran out of battery and my own charger was locked in another hotel miles away. Because I was checking in after midnight, he couldn't use his payment system to authorise my card for the night's stay, so he made a call to his manager at 00:30, waking him up to ensure I could get this room and stay for the night, and finally he even somehow managed to get me a bit of discount off the room price he'd quoted to me on the phone half an hour earlier! Literally some of the best service I have ever received, from the moment I called the Best Western everything went so smoothly and I couldn't have asked for more. THANK YOU JONATHAN for saving my skin that night!! All other staff I encountered at the hotel were similarly helpful and nice, and it left me with a hugely positive impression of the place. Hotel itself was nice and clean, if a little tired, but for the price I paid and service I got I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and again. Thanks.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank cameronjzb

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, we shall congratulate John and the rest of the staff members for their good work, happy to have you around next time if you are passing by.