Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Trip.com
US$77
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews car park fried bread plenty of storage quiet hotel walls are thin bottled water town centre after midnight lovely room excellent value highclere castle hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2020

Couldn’t fault this hotel for our one night stay en-route to Devon. The hotel is in a quiet location only 10 minutes walk to the town centre. Plenty of free parking on site at the hotel. Our King Deluxe room was spacious, clean and with everything we needed and there was plenty of storage, a large safe and tea/coffee making facilities, along with bottled water. TV, hairdryer, ironing facilities too. A good sized bathroom with both a shower and bath. The bed was very comfortable and there was air conditioning in the room which was a bonus as the weather was warm during our stay. All in all, excellent value at only £38.00. Mandy on Reception deserves a special mention, she was very helpful and friendly and she made us feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble, so a big thanks, Mandy!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 690djh
Reviewed 12 July 2020 via mobile

I have just come back from here after the closedown but my family are military and in this area we booked breakfast with our rooms though Booking.com to find out when we get there the kitchen is closed an Emil would have been nice informing us the rooms you see on the web site or not what you get our rooms where dark dirty and cold I cleaned my own room thinking they would be very clean as the lock down was now lifting extra cleaning would have been done we booked for 3 nights but left after 2 we fidget a night knockoff for me cleaning my own room it’s nosey and pie fire alarm went of at 12:30 am in our room only the night staff said it goes of if your smoking or the steam from the bassets it of I’m 60 my mum is 84 none smokers and was in bed after travelling 5 hours the only nice thing I can say was the lady on front desk was nice and polite

1  Thank topsypink60
Reviewed 8 July 2020

Very odd hotel. Seems abandoned. Room was ok for the price 39 I would not pay more. Had gone off milk in my room and other people's hair everywhere,not great. Bed however was very comfy( if you like hard beds) Walls are paper thin.
I love old run down buildings so it was lovely walking round the over grown garden, with some lovely views near by. This is not to every ones taste tho. The property and garden needs a good clean and tidy. The long corridor between the buildings was decorated with ....mouldy pictures... I guess one could call that art?

1  Thank THENANOID
Reviewed 14 March 2020

Absolutely shambolic. The restaurant was closed but no warning given on booking. Supposed to still be a continental breakfast, it wasn't. It was cereal and toast and that was it. All the cereal was also full sugar versions so not much use for a diabetic. No one to wait on tables, not even orange juice available. Wouldn't be so bad but I paid for breakfast in the room rate. Also, walls between the rooms are paper thin so you can hear everything that's going on in the next room.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
julian pablo, General Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review we do take note of your comments

Reviewed 10 March 2020

So you get what you pay for - cold corridors - bar area like a college recreation room - long waits for food - mouldy bathroom - generally odd place. Very odd staff - cans of Guinness no draught!! Don’t stay here - there will be cheaper options that are better.

Date of stay: March 2020