Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews car park fried bread plenty of storage quiet hotel walls are thin bottled water town centre after midnight lovely room excellent value highclere castle hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

I cannot understand some of the reviews. This is a place I would happily stay at again.
The friendly staff cannot do enough for you and it is clean. The air conditioning was on all night, which was our choice, and this we had control of. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Many thanks to the hotel for an enjoyable stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank megdog
Paniz Wastfaleh, General Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Thanks for your brilliant review. looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2021

I thought Best Western hotels had standards! How wrong was I.

I'm not even sure where to start. Very scruffy hotel, carpets filthy. Doors banging so could not sleep. Rock hard bed, I've stayed in numerous hotels, this was the hardest bed I have ever had the misfortune to sleep in.

If they try and check you in to room 219, say no! As this is right next to the corridor door that makes an almighty bang when people walk through. From 5:30am we could hear people leaving. We gave up and checked out early, what's the point in trying to sleep when all you can hear is loud door banging?!

Radiator in room was on, it wouldn't turn off. Air con stayed on for a few minutes before turning itself off. Smelt of smoke in the corridor, our fire alarm was hanging off the wall. We opened the window to check if we could safely get out should there have been a fire.

The website really sells the hotel, but sadly they delivered the total opposite. I've seen on one of the reviews that a refurbished room was mentioned, perhaps they are in the process of renovating the place, but until then, they shouldn't be selling the rooms that haven't been refurbished.

Unbelievable experience.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paniz Wastfaleh, General Manager at Best Western Andover Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Danieg

Reviewed 12 June 2021

I'll start with a positive, the staff were very friendly.... When they could be found. The rest, however, was just plain awful. Rock hard beds made it impossible to get comfy. The building was dilapidated, so much so, I cut my arm on a bramble growing through a wall in the corridor. The doors slammed with an almighty thud, which made me jump whenever someone entered or left their room.

The room was stifling hot and, although the room had aircon, it only stays on for 10 mins before you have to switch it on again. The corridor stank of smoke..... Which made me wonder if the fire alarms works - the one in my room was hanging off the wall.

Finally, the most frustrating thing is that people were free to walk the corridor without wearing a mask. I realise this isn't exactly the hotel's fault, however, surely some signage reminding people to wear masks (people do seem to need reminding, unfortunately), or even a no mask no entry policy might help.

I would describe this more of a shed rather than a hotel. However, that being said, a bit of maintenance, some soft closing doors and better air conditioning could turn this place around, particularly as it's in such a nice location. But until this place gets a refurb, I'll stick to a Premier Inn, Lenny would never let this happen.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Staff here were polite and friendly but the building is run down, outside completely overgrown, woodwork rotten, the aircon was useless so the room was extremely hot, there's no working slow closer on any door so all you hear is doors slamming, carpets are filthy, after staying 3 nights here I was glad to get home for a good night's sleep

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. we will trying our best to sort out hotel problems after lockdown.

Reviewed 5 June 2021

Very very shabby. My room was so dark we had to keep the light on. Dirty carpets in the corridors. Stains on the mattress cover. The gardens haven’t seen a strimmer for years. Very depressing. We left early

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. hotel needs lots of work after lockdown, thanks for your undrestanding