“Surprised that this place is still standing!!!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastleigh
Chestnut Lodge B & B
Ranked #4 of 4 Eastleigh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2016

To say that this place is unhygienic is an understatement. Could do with a renovation or better still a visit from the environment inspectors.
They don't serve breakfast.
The TV only as 2 channels.
No staff around at night to help.
I texted the manager & asked how often they change the towels. He replied, "showers are for washing. Towels are for drying".
If he wants business. This is not how you talk to your customers!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious but unhygienic
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I stayed at Chestnut Lodge with a friend for 6 nights recently. The place is very basic, but in theory fine for the price. On the major downside it's on a very busy road and the road traffic noise is very loud all night, it never stops. There also wasn't any breakfast available even for purchase when we stayed. So it was B rather than BnB. I also found on several occasions weird people lurking about out front, and one time someone tapped on my ground floor window at 11.30pm! I didn't like that at all. Anyways moving on, the owner was at first very nice and accomodating though very slow in replying to emails. Our room was cleaned every day and the beds made. However unfortunately after one or two nights I started to notice itchy bites on my body. It took me a few nights to pin point that there was nowhere else other than my room that they could have come from, and also to realise that yes this was actually happening. Three nights after I got them, my room mate also got attacked. However we were on an extremely busy schedule and as the owner finishes work at 9pm we never had a moment to discuss it with him. On the last day I raised the issue with him, and he subsequently told me that the room had had bed bugs three weeks ago but that it had been fumigated and given the green light from the council.
Well people of Trip Advisor, they were still there. I had huge welts all over my body and I was extremely nervous about bringing them back to my place in London. In fairness to the owner, we should have informed him that this was happening when we figured it out. However when I informed him, and went on to request a refund, or at least a partial refund to cover the medication I had to buy and the loss of an item of luggage I was unable to clean, and bearing in mind I spent hours and hours steam cleaning everything I took with me before bringing it inside my home, the situation totally soured. Instead of at least discussing options with me, he actually accused me and/or my flatmate of bringing them in, when neither of us had travelled for several weeks prior to coming to Eastleigh and therefore had no chance to come into contact with them. He actually threatnend to sue me for loss of business for bringing them in, when he admitted to me he'd had them in his property less than a month ago. I found him very intimidating, and I was a bit afraid. I hoestly wanted no more bad vibes in my life from this man, so I decided to let the matter go rather than take things further. Just wanted to let you all know never to stay here unless you want to be treated this way. And also, never stay anywhere that has recently had bed bugs. I read about it online, and the fumigation must be done twice - once to kill the live bugs and twice to kill the bugs from the eggs which would later hatch. I am guessing he only fumigated once and that is what happened. There are cheap basic hotels up near the station, you'd be better off staying there. Good luck people!

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, don't stay on the ground floor, people were knocking on my window and lur...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn C
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I was attending a weekend course at the Holiday Inn, Eastleigh and felt that £100 at for one night at the two major chains was out of my price range.

The owner was lovely, very welcoming and knowledgable.

I booked for a Friday and Saturday night, one person at £25 per night.
The bathroom (shared) was clean and functional. My room was a twin. The bed was comfortable, the room warm, very clean as was the linen.

Despite being so close to the station and airport, it was surprisingly quiet.

I didn't eat breakfast simply because I'd rather an extra half hour in bed!

Yes, other reviews are right, it could do with a lick on paint but if you are on a budget, just need a place to crash it a good a place as any

I would also recommend happy cabs if you need a taxi - cheap, very punctual and friendly.

Enjoy your stay

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

The owner was very welcoming, I needed a last minute room with bathroom and shower. Being quoted £150 plus for other accommodation, this fitted my requirements perfectly for just £30. My room was very spacious with twin beds and had coffee & tea making facilities and a small TV. If in the area again I would return.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The worst b&b i have stayed in this year by far, the only word i can think to describe this establishment is "grotty" i stayed here for 10days & it was unpleasant time. The b&b is located right next to a busy train line and across from that was an airport, so close to the landing/takeoff strip that i could see people in the planes through my rooms window so the noise was unbearable for me as i am a light sleeper. The shower room was like a breading ground for moths. There are some good points though, there was off road parking.

Stayed: June 2014