“So enjoyable!!”

Hensting Alpacas
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Eastleigh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and Join us here in Otterbourne Hampshire, when the weather is good we like to be outside trekking or walking Alpacas. This allows you the general public to come and get up close to these beautiful animals, hear them hum to each other, feel how soft their fleece is and look into their big brown eyes! It also serves us a purpose as we get them used to people and being handled on the halters,
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Hensting Alpacas today and it was so lovely. You get over 2 hours for a super good price.
In that time you walk two alpacas, feed the rest of them and find out a lot about them too.
Derek is very charasmatic and funny. The whole team are very friendly, chatty and welcoming.
Will definitely be going again.
Thanks for a lovely day!!

All reviews
"animal lovers"
"alpaca experience"
"these gentle creatures"
in 3 reviews
"lots of interesting information"
"beautiful walk"
"baby alpaca"
"his passion"
"fun experience"
"my mum"

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I booked to take my mum for Mother’s Day - after a snowy weekend we didn’t know whether our walk would still go ahead but armed with warm clothes and welly boots off we set.
What an amazing man Derek is, with his team they made us feel so welcome, we were given a detailed background to the Alpacas whilst Kevin the sheep called by to say “hi”
We then spent 90 minutes with the Alpacas, walking, feeding, taking selfies and they were so friendly and full of character
Even with the bad ground conditions we had a fabulous time and would definitely recommend to those interested in these gorgeous animals
Thank you to Derek and the Team for a cracking morning xx

1  Thank Samantha R
Hensting, Owner at Hensting Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

That's a great feedback thank you we much appreciate it. Your quite right this time of year we can get very muddy especially with the frozen ground conditions and then the rain sitting on top. We have invested in wellington boots for our customers who come unprepared.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We tried redeeming our voucher. We were told to look online for a free day and email to book. These instructions were followed but were then told the day we had chosen (which had 11 free spaces showing on the website) was full. We then chose another day. We wanted a Friday so chose a day in a few months. A response was received that the website was wrong and Fridays were no longer available. Instead of working with us to find a mutually convenient time, Mr Moore refunded the tickets. These were a birthday present and we wanted to use the tickets for the experience, not to be refunded after just a few emails.
Thankful for the refund but were looking forward to walking alpacas. It was as if Mr Moore just couldn't be bothered.

1  Thank elfington

I do not recall this conversation, I have tried to find someone with the name elfington on the system but was unable. Our walks are very popular over 8,000 customers so far and bookings go very quickly, so if you did try to book and left it even a day it can book up very quick!

The booking tool shows every Friday available right up to the end of September? being frustrated and leaving bad feedback on an event you have never even attended can be upsetting for all the staff that work so hard to make these days fun.

We have built this experience up over the last 4 years and are still learning, I Derek Moore spend hours upon hours moving bookings around for people at no charge, I then of course have the duty of caring for the animals out in the recent snow all weather., don't get me wrong I love it but sometimes things can go wrong I am only human. Hensting Alpacas have invested in 4 new staff this year to help with the expanding events so please forgive any small discrepancy.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Can’t recommend hensting alpacas enough. Derek and his team were welcoming, knowledgable and fun. Makes a perfect gift! If you’re considering doing this; what are you waiting for?! 5 stars

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The walk was a present from my daughter, to her mother.
What a wonderful place. Just an hour from home.
We were greeted by the owner who was just the perfect host.
He was extremely funny and very knowledgeable.
Each of the party was paired with a male Alpaca. The first part of the walk I wanted to take photos so I let my son walk with Theodore while I took as many photos I could. Along the way we could also feed the Alpacas which was real good fun.
At the end of the first part of the walk. Another chance to take more photos and then chance we switched Alpacas. To allow my son to warm up his hands I took over. I took the lead Alpaca. It also gave me a chance to find out more about the owner and why he got into Alpacas. He was absolutely fascinating and I could talk to him for hours.
When the walk finished we got to feed the females. Buy some presents from the little shop and say our goodbyes.

Thank you do much for a wonderful morning.

My wife could at last tick off one of her dreams.

Walking with Alpacas.

Thank you we love family's at Hensting Alpacas as that is what we are one big happy family