“awful customer service”

Ranked #25 of 176 Restaurants in Fareham
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: There are a few West Street in our surrounding area,so,please look for Fareham West Street PO16 0EL.
Reviewed 21 May 2017

First of all can not complain about the food as it is always delicious......we have been very good customers of La Orient both takeaway and sit down in fact we have brought friends there and we have never been disappointed. Tonight we decided to have a Chinese meal and we got the La Orient menu out. Rang up and a woman answered, my husband asked if we could have an order for delivery....he asked for two pancakes rolls, we have had pancake rolls many times from here, never was a problem before. She said "we don't do them" Why we asked as we have had them many times, "it was a favour before and we don't do them she said. (Seriously...you're a Chinese....you should do pancake rolls). I don't know who this girl is, I have never seen her in the restaurant and never spoken to her when ringing for a takeaway but she was incredibly rude and confrontational. I think La Orient is a fantastic restaurant and I love the food but in future I will be ordering takeaway from The New Canton, LJ's or The Lucky Boat and sitting down at Kung Fu. Sad to say because of this awful woman I doubt we will ever order from La Orient again

Reviewed 21 May 2017

After being let down at our original restaurant (Kung Fu)I phoned to see if they had a table. They managed to squeeze us in and we were are very thankful they did. My wife and I had eaten there before but it is a little pricier than where we were going. However the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic, the food is brilliant fresh and hot. The sesame prawn toast actually has prawns on it not just been shown the prawn. Yes it is more expensive than most but you get what you pay for. They offer a full menu, various set meals (banquets) and an eat all you can. We had one of the banquets and thoroughly enjoyed it all. It is a family run business and they are so friendly and attentive, we were table checked constantly. The owner actually welcomes complaints not there are many because it lets him know if there is a problem so he can fix it. Both my wife and I said why do we bother with hot and moss restaurants when we could just come here and know the quality is consistent.

1  Thank Andy E
Reviewed 12 May 2017

It is definitely the best chinese around, the service is efficient and courteous, the food amazing, the lobster is superb, well worth it, as a special treat. Occasionally he has some razor clams. The way the chef cook them is succulent. I plan to go back on the 4/06 as it will be my birthday.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is by far my favourite Chinese restaurant.

A small, intimate place with friendly staff, who are attentive without being too on top of you all the time. The owner likes to talk to his guests but again, does not overstay his welcome at the table when chatting to us.

We always go for the all-you-can-eat option, but the a la carte menu is extensive and has some varied options for all.

The food is good quality, fresh, cooked to order and not greasy like you get in some all-you-can-eat restaurants. The salt and chilli chicken starter is very good as is the rest of the food.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Sadly the buffet is not available to individuals. Minimum of two. So as a solo business traveller I was forced to order off the menu. First disappointment the mixed starters are again 2 people only. I started with the ¼ crispy duck which was tasty and plentiful. I left a third so I could eat the main the deep fried chilli beef and egg fried rice. The Chilli beef had flavour nut The batter was a little think and masked the taste of the beef somewhat. Restaurant was largely empty and service was polite but a little inattentive as the staff were having their evening meal at a corner table. I would revisit but not as a singleton.