“So So disappointed!!!”

Ranked #37 of 174 Restaurants in Fareham
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: There are a few West Street in our surrounding area,so,please look for Fareham West Street PO16 0EL.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Had a takeaway recently and it was very poor. We came to try here as the Golden Boat has changed hands and that has become disappointing so we changed after being faithful for years. We paid over £30 for our delivery and the Duck was solid and over cooked so the dog had it. The dishes were saturated with sweetcorn? in dishes that doesn't or shouldn't have this vegetable. Crispy beef as tough as old boots,the beef curry had poor quality beef and the chicken cashew nuts was swimming in some globuled mass as a sauce. tHe noodle had the same poor beef in it as the curry sauce and a bit of meat on top of masses of noodles that were greasy? No never again. Now onto yet another takeaway ....

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Collected take away because reviews looked good. Unfortunately didn't live up to reviews. Half crispy duck expensive fatty and small. Wraps microwaved to death so that they had fused together. Rice over cooked and clumpy. Beef in black Bean nothing to rush back for. Most disappointing the Hong Kong style sweet and sour chicken. Hong Kong would disown it. With so much competition around will not be going back.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

First we had the mixed starter , that was amazing full of my favour, then we having soup as second course , how lovely the waiter will offer us have a break coz the next course was crispy duck , to be honest we are so enjoy even the main course , full of choice of it, don't even know Wat I want to do , I just want everything on the menu joke with the waiter , well done , I will recommend my friend n family

Reviewed 21 May 2017

First of all can not complain about the food as it is always delicious......we have been very good customers of La Orient both takeaway and sit down in fact we have brought friends there and we have never been disappointed. Tonight we decided to have a Chinese meal and we got the La Orient menu out. Rang up and a woman answered, my husband asked if we could have an order for delivery....he asked for two pancakes rolls, we have had pancake rolls many times from here, never was a problem before. She said "we don't do them" Why we asked as we have had them many times, "it was a favour before and we don't do them she said. (Seriously...you're a Chinese....you should do pancake rolls). I don't know who this girl is, I have never seen her in the restaurant and never spoken to her when ringing for a takeaway but she was incredibly rude and confrontational. I think La Orient is a fantastic restaurant and I love the food but in future I will be ordering takeaway from The New Canton, LJ's or The Lucky Boat and sitting down at Kung Fu. Sad to say because of this awful woman I doubt we will ever order from La Orient again

Reviewed 21 May 2017

After being let down at our original restaurant (Kung Fu)I phoned to see if they had a table. They managed to squeeze us in and we were are very thankful they did. My wife and I had eaten there before but it is a little pricier than where we were going. However the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic, the food is brilliant fresh and hot. The sesame prawn toast actually has prawns on it not just been shown the prawn. Yes it is more expensive than most but you get what you pay for. They offer a full menu, various set meals (banquets) and an eat all you can. We had one of the banquets and thoroughly enjoyed it all. It is a family run business and they are so friendly and attentive, we were table checked constantly. The owner actually welcomes complaints not there are many because it lets him know if there is a problem so he can fix it. Both my wife and I said why do we bother with hot and moss restaurants when we could just come here and know the quality is consistent.