The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$109
Langrish House(Petersfield)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$131
Premier Inn Petersfield(Petersfield)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
Crescent Cottage(Petersfield)
  • Restaurant
The Old Drum(Petersfield)
  • Restaurant
The Half Moon(Petersfield)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswalking the south downsthe pubcomfortable overnight staywarm welcomeexcellent breakfastgreat showerroom was largestayed here for one nightwould stay againcar parkaccommodationsdwensuitesink
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Let's start by saying ...Lovely clean room ...great food in the restaurant...
I phoned at 5pm and a chap told me there were no rooms ? ..online it didn't seem an issue ? Paid £110 for a double room with breakfast which seemed quite high ... We had dinner then the waitress pointed out a fly in a glass of wine ... So we sat and waited as she went off expecting a resolution but nothing happened .. I went to the bar to ask for a replacement and bar chap argued and then muttered he was surprised it was dead and the waitress said it must have come through the door ? Completely uncalled for ? I got a replacement and another bottle and sat down ..before 10pm the bar was being cleaned and mopped and the staff either sat on their phones at a table or begrudgingly cleaned ... We were made to feel unwelcome and left by 1030pm as they wanted to close early ...they stayed far later though chatting while we had to sit in the room upstairs listening to their rants ... I wouldn't mind but after spending £200 here I expected better ... Breakfast was deep fried greasy mushrooms and with a poached egg with no yolk ? ... I do hope this wasn't the norm and just a blip as the dinner was really nice and location lovely .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank baileysnake
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Stayed here for a long weekend. Room was fine though bathroom was a bit small and shower needed care when using to avoid extreme cold or heat. Staff were very friendly, wifi was slow at times, excellent breakfast but walls are very thin. But great value for the price

Room Tip: Don't park under a tree in the car park
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Visited yesterday for a pub lunch whilst on a walk.

We have visited this pub several times and its always good, yesterday in particular.

We both had the rib eye steak sarnies which were fab. Proper steak which is unusual for a sandwich.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2016

We stayed over night at the ' ye old George inn' and enjoyed evening meal and breakfast the next morning. The food we had in the bar that evening was very good and the breakfast the next morning was superb enhanced by the gentleman who served us. Our room (superior) was lovely, huge and comfortable and well appointed. There are some downsides to staying at this hostelry. The place is locked up until 6 pm and our arrival was greeted by darkness and " Is this really a pub with rooms and restaurant or perhaps it's the local mortuary"---oops!!!! The second negative was the miserable face of the waitress who served us. Perhaps she had just received bad news or was nursing a toothache. I would expect this sort of dour attitude from a government department or maybe a undertaker but if you chose to work in a service industry it's polite to smile occasionally, I promise your face won't crack. IF we return at some point then I must remember to pack my red plastic flashing flashing nose, I can switch it on and see what kind of reaction it gets, always the optimist !!!!!!

Room Tip: Book a superior room but take boxing gloves
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1708patrick
Reviewed 14 March 2016

i have already reviewed the Food and Service which was excellent however i forgot to mention the appalling Shower in the Room .....one of those Showers that are extremely difficult to adjust....they are called Power Showers but i have no idea why.
0/10 for Showeriness!....

Room Tip: Soapdodgers won't mind the lack of a good Shower!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business