Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
View deal
Hotels.com
US$112
View deal
Booking.comUS$124
Official HotelUS$124
eDreamsUS$124
All reviews continental breakfast the pub pub next door dog bed accessible room adjoining restaurant skirting boards salami an additional charge rooms are modern great shower paultons park shower room ironing board the ground floor sister hotel double sofa bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

Hotel looks lovely on arrival, modern & easy to park outside. Check in was simple next door at the pub & we made our way to our room quickly.

Inside the hotel simple things like the internal doors / lift area are not being cleaned regularly enough - can see dirty hand marks and general grot all over them. Given the current Covid times we live it - I think this needs to be improved quickly.

Our room was an executive family room with balcony. The sofa bed had been made up for our arrival which was great and made the first evening easier.

Unfortunately the room wasn’t very clean, bedside tables coated in dust, clumps of dust on the floor, toilet roll holder hanging off the wall, shower tray leaking badly - the edge of the sealant along the floor was pretty gross with clumps of hair and general dirt all along the edge. Inside the shower it had black mould on the wall and the sealing above the shower had damp peeling paint. Skirting boards are all scratched really badly and the chair at the desk was badly stained.

One piece of important feedback, seeing as this was a family room - the pull out sofa bed had really sharp edges and we needed to pack it with towels so our 3 year old didn’t scratch her legs when she climbed in and out.

We did try the restaurant on the first night, a meal for myself, my husband & our 3 year old. The meal was okay, but we decided to skip it on the second night. The breakfast (continental) was a bit poor - as a family hotel where kids are exhausting the parents, a decent coffee machine that makes a nice latte or flat white felt essential but sadly it was just some weak watery instant type coffee. The juices were pretty horrible too. Toast was nice and we had this both mornings, croissants and pain au chocolate were nice on the first morning, stale on the second day. Again the restaurant felt a bit dirty - seats with dust, bits of old breakfast cereal and walls with unknown spray marks up the wall.

The location of the hotel is great, only about 35 mins from Peppa pig world, we did have a great time on our trip, the dirt didn’t bother us too much because we were out all day and I came armed with bleach wipes.
I think my main feedback would be to do a complete deep clean, fix all the broken worn out stuff in the rooms (I’ve no doubt the cleaners report this stuff back to management and it’s being ignored!). Don’t annoy your customers by ignoring the need to keep all rooms up to the same standard of repair - our money should be just as good as the room next door. Make the family rooms more kid friendly - maybe stick in a nappy friendly bin, replace the sharp pull out beds, put in a decent guide book about the area (local beach info / restaurants / the huge amazing Tesco store, Starbucks, lovely shopping centre that’s round the corner!? We just happened to chance on finding…

Overall I want to like this hotel, it is new but needs some tlc, it’s ideally placed for Poultons and the price wasn’t too bad. We would like to come back again, but it would need some improvements.

Room tip: Find the local shopping centre area - its fantastic. Starbucks, massive M&S food, loads of shops.
Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

Room was adequate and well kept. Sofa bed was pretty uncomfortable but the kids didn’t seem to mind. Reasonably overpriced but in august it’s hardly surprising. Biggest issue was the breakfast. Full English not included and for 170 odd quid a night that’s shocking! Stayed in a village hotel for £80 a night the weekend before and breakfast was amazing! Also considering the amount of staff working on breakfast, we waited 30 minutes before someone took our order for 6 slices of toast and some jam! Luckily some young girl seemed to be taking charge because the guy in the blue shirt (who I presume was the manager) certainly wasn’t! Instant coffee too? You don’t expect that after paying so much for a pretty big standard room.

With a decent breakfast the price would almost be justified. With a slice of toast and some instant coffee, it’s not. That said, it’s a nice hotel and we’d stay again, I’d just begrudgingly form out the 7 quid for a breakfast

Room tip: Don’t expect a decent breakfast to be included in the price
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

Booked a two night stay several months ago. Cost - a staggering £171 per night!
This is a 3 star budget hotel! Room was adequate and only a standard double bed. Breakfast included but only a basic continental offering. Cooked carries an additional charge.
We need to visit the area on a regular basis but won’t be booking the Lodge at Solent. Ridiculous pricing!

Date of stay: August 2021
Solent Hotel and Spa, Marketing at Lodge at Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us at Lodge at Solent , I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us , We would have been more than happy to help during your stay , If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me , Ben Cutting General Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We recently stayed on a visit to Peppa Pig World. The hotel did not disappoint! Lovely hotel with modern decor. Really nice bathrooms, powerful shower, nice facilities in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant is lovely. We will definitely be back!

Hi Amy
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for leaving such a good rating. I'm glad that you could take advantage of the facilities at the nearby Solent Hotel & Spa. We hope to welcome you back soon here at Lodge at Solent.
Best, Marcus

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

The room was lovely - spacious, clean and lots of storage.
But the service was terrible
Went to breakfast and asked for a cappuccino- a normal request for breakfast- but I couldn’t have one as they don’t turn the coffee machine on at breakfast.
The cooked breakfast you pay extra for was tiny and cooked awfully.
Later stopped for dinner, couldn’t have dinner there it was closed to lodge visitors. Room service was available, I was advised it would take 30 mins but it was late.
Next morning, restaurant still closed so no breakfast. They said they could deliver food to my room but I only discovered that by asking- there was no communication about this and I had already checked out.