Beaulieu Hotel
The Cloud Hotel(Brockenhurst)
US$139
US$134
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$143
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
US$205
The Mayflower(Lymington)
Agoda.com
All reviewsdrift innthe pubpub next doornew forestlovely hotelrailway linered letter daysteam roomthe main hotelswimming poolbeautiful locationmotor museumpeppa pig worldthe general managershort drivepowerful showerboth nights
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the hotel. Nice room, with homely features. Very comfy bed and pillows. Nice shower too! Wonderful view, didn’t get time to use the pool. Nice walks round and plenty of ponies to see. Friendly reception staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelaS418
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Chilli in the avocado did not go down well for breakfast and the avocado wasn't freshly prepared plus all elements of the continental breakfast were not available (my husband ordered this). The dinner the evening before was very good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The beaulieu is a nice quite hotel to relax in. Went to as part of a red letter day bought for Christmas and it done the job. Rooms clean and tidy. Nice surroundings. Restaurant good but was a little but slow for dinner, also if you have a red letter day the dont let you use the dinner allowance on drinks but dont tell you before hand.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna P
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Lovely hotel. Excellent decor and service. Good location. Good value for money.Food at inn next door excellent although room for improvement with serving staff.I would definitely use the hotel again for a short break.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stewart314
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I was so pleased with the hotel on arrival. Exactly what we wanted. Nice clean rooms, swimming pool, very helpful staff who were so nice and clearly enjoyed their job and the hotel was very child friendly. We put the bags in the room and took our very hungry children over to the restaurant next door. We got taken to our table no one brought us a high chair which I had asked for so we got that ourselves. We asked 3 times for the colouring packs advertised on the child’s menu before they were brought. The pint of Guinness was delivered with about a 3 inch head on it (clearly need training here on pouring Guinness). Not the greatest of meals either and very slow service.
Was sort of dreading going in there again for breakfast. But we did. The sausage sandwiches were almost cold but as we waited so long for them we ate and left.
Not wanting to deal with that all again we went elsewhere for dinner and had a lovely meal. The next morning our going Home morning we went over for breakfast. Eventually was seated. We told the waitress we had to leave in an hour would we be served in time? So we ordered coffee and toast while we waited I went to sort my children some cereal but no milk left. I waited after asking 2 staff members 10 mins for milk. By this time my children were going to explode with hunger as we were still waiting for our coffee and toast!! In the end I found what looked like a chef so I asked him for milk he went and got straight away. Half an hour has past now still no toast or coffee or order taken. So I find a waiter and ask him if he could take our order, he explains he will get his pad and come back. My children are now climbing the walls coz the so hunger. 10 mins later still no waiter back with his pad or coffee and toast. He was too busy clearing empty tables!! Surly looking after the guests seated at a table would be more important than this. Eventually I catch a waitresses eye and ask why it’s taken 40 mins to make a coffee, get some toast and take an order!! There is tables all around us who were also very angry as they all waiting or their food was not right. Also food was being delivered to wrong tables. Chocolate tea pots cones to mind about now. 5 mins later we get our toast and coffee and order. The table next to us felt so bad for us he went and had a word with the lady managing the restaurant to see what was taking so long. After being in there an hour and 10 mins with still no breakfast we got up and left. My children had no breakfast and it was the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. They offered to wrap my scrambled egg up to take away (health hazards). I felt like crying now with a 4 hour drive ahead of me with 2 very young children who didn’t get their sausage breakfast.
Even thou the hotel was lovely perfect for what we wanted I don’t think I would be staying again due to the very poor service in the restaurant. If it takes an hour and 10 mins to make scramble and salmon on toast and 2 sausage sandwiches then this place is not for me. Spoilt our weekend away having to deal with that place every morning. Just glad we didn’t do the dinner package as well otherwise I would have been really stuck.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family