“Five star service and delicious food!”

The Stables @ The Grove
Price range: US$34 - US$136
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Grove is a grand country house hotel in Herfordshire set in 300 acres of park and woodlands, only 30 minutes from central London. The Elizabethan manor has recently undergone a hip, contemporary refurbishment, and The Stables restaurant is located in the original stable block for The Grove Mansion, where George Stubbs was often a visitor. Light and airy, the restaurant looks out over a summer terrace and the hotel's championship golf course, and the dining room is dressed with rustic oak tables and exposed beams, giving the place a chic Cape Cod-style vibe. Favourites here include the Denham estate venison served with hot pot potatoes, pear puree and red wine jus, and the butternut squash and marscarpone risotto.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Following a wonderful day of golf and spa, we spent the evening on Easter Sunday at The Stables. The atmosphere in the restaurant was calm and relaxed but the staff and the food were outstanding. We felt extremely valued in the restaurant and we will certainly be coming back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was fortunate to win a competition where part of the prize was an overnight stay at The Grove Hotel (see my review) with dinner and breakfast and so, upon the recommendation of the staff, booked a table at The Stables.
The restaurant is located at the rear of the hotel and is quiet and pretty isolated. It has a relaxed atmosphere which surprised me somewhat - I was expecting something a little more formal - with pleasant professional and friendly staff. The restaurant was quite busy for a Sunday evening but we were seated and served quite promptly.
The menu was reasonably varied and had something for every taste. My wife had scallops for starters and I went for the salmon tartare with cucumber and creme fresh. Both were very pleasant and well presented but nothing out of this world. For our mains, we both decided to go for the roast rib of beef with all the trimmings. We were given a choice of how it was cooked and when it arrived, my medium rare beef was just that...and delicious. The portions were very good with slice after slice of meat, a variety of vegetables, proper roast potatoes and the mother of all Yorkshire puddings. The only down side was the knives that were specially provided for the beef - they were extremely blunt and was like using a lolly stick to cut our food - but the beef was very tender so no harm done.
For dessert, my wife had a chocolate and peanut bomb, complete with hot sauce poured over the top to melt the structure in satisfying slow motion, and I had the hot lemon meringue with berry sorbet. Again, both were very good although the chocolate bomb was rather sickly.
Our bill for the meal came to £132 (including a £45 bottle of wine which was all we had to pay for) so expect to pay £50 or more per head if the meal is accompanied by wine.
Was it good value for money? Reasonably, I guess, but the prices are to be expected when one is captive (perhaps not the best choice of words) in a pleasant hotel several miles from civilisation. I would eat at The Stables again if I was staying at the hotel but don't believe that I'd make a point of returning independent of a hotel stay

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The ambiance at the Stables is so relaxing and customer service so perfect. Good food too. Our new waitress "Marina" was so enthusiastic and lovely and the manager "Samir" made us feel so special . A lovely diner from A to Z. No wonder it was full.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was at The Grove for business and went to this restaurant for dinner - food and service was excellent! I also liked how this was away from the main hotel, it gave it a bit of a different feel. Highly recommend this place to eat

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant set in beautiful grounds. Service is top notch and food quality is great. Richard on the bar was very helpful and friendly and we felt very well looked after by Daniel in the restaurant. We always feel like a VIP when we attend. Recommend to anyone looking for a delicious meal with top class service in a great location. Will definitely return.