“Best Carvery 🍽🍷”

The Woodman Inn & Carvery Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 88 Restaurants in Hatfield
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Country Pub, Carvery & Restaurant based in the Hertsfordshire. Our Sunday Carvery is famous for its tender Suculent meats and fresh roasted potatoes and vegetables, whilst our New Restaurant and Bar menu offers the best in wholesome Pub fayre full of the flavour of Home cooked meals.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A fabulous Easter Sunday lunch with a choice of roast beef, turkey, gammon, homemade pie or a little of all the above!
Cooked to perfection & piping hot with all the trimmings.
The deserts are to die for, if you have room that is!
The staff are always friendly and helpful.
Absolutely love this place.
Would highly recommended a visit to The Woodman.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Three of us arrived at around half 2 with no reservation. Very busy, Sam welcomed us in and by the time we'd got drinks she had found us a table. I had a well kept pint of IPA, all glasses were sparkling. I had all 3 meats available from the carvery and a bit of everything else, delicious. Sam was very efficient and jolly, checked back, cleared plates, brought us dessert menus. We ordered with another girl, who was also very pleasant. Dessert was lush, we all enjoyed every aspect of our lunch. As an ex publican I was extremely impressed by the service and the quality. Sam made the effort to say goodbye and briefly chat as it was still very busy. I would highly recommend eating and drinking here, good value for money. When visiting again I will definitely look forward to returning here.

2  Thank Ady V
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I ate here about a year ago. The food was very disappointing. The burger I ordered was cold, tasteless and expensive. I did not complain because my wife feels I'm too fussy and often complain about my pet hate of hot food being served on cold plates. More recently I occasionally call in for a drink but dislike the pollution that is banal pop music which appears solely for the benefit of the bar staff. The bar furniture is also due for an update as it is scruffy and uncomfortable. My sense is that this establishment has recently changed hands so one hopes things will improve.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We used to come here very regularly for Sunday Carvery. But never again. We last ate here in around October and the food was very bland. We thought we would try it again today and it is just no better. Tasteless beef. Potatoes were hard in the middle. Gravy was watered down. All in all very disappointing.
Icing on the cake was the £1.70 cost of a “shot” of orange juice.
Avoid. Avoid. Avoid

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Very welcoming and friendly staff, food was lovely, would definitely recommend the roast of the day, a really good evening.