“What a find”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened 22nd June 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Like others I had reservations over the wide choice but shouldn't have worried. An excellent pair of starters (an egg and chorizo dish and a haggis patty) were followed by a delightful pair of mains (a curry and a Greek beef stew).

This could well become our local eatery.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Excellent, freshly cooked food. Massive choice but this did not reduce the quality. More choice for vegetarians than most places we have eaten. Because everything is freshly cooked it takes a little while to arrive but bar prices are very reasonable and portions generous.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

The extensive menu made me feel slightly concerned about dining at Lion as it suggested that not everything could be freshly prepared but the service was courteous and attentive and the dishes I chose were more than satisfactory. I had a tapas starter and the humous was clearly home-made/the pitta crispy and hot/ the mixed olives good quality and the pickled carrots very palatable. For my main course I had an extremely tasty lamb & tagine with couscous albeit with a slightly dubious beetroot accompaniment. The house wine was good and reasonably priced. A very satisfactory personal experience with all my fellow diners seeming to be equally happy.

2  Thank Susanna G
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Great range of food at reasonable prices. They do a great Sunday lunch. A new pizza oven too so you can have eat in pizza or take out. Well worth a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

All of us were hungry and looking forward to our meal, all reviews were good so no worries. When our main came out, the chips were put out on every table so by the time we got ours the chips and something minute called veg was cold. Our plates were cold and so was the food. It seems everyone's food was cold too. My hubby was looking forward to a 10 oz rump steak and instead got two chargrilled pieces when the order was medium cooked. Not impressed at all, shan't go there again. Shambles from beginning to end.