“Perfectly balanced tasting menu”
Review of West House

West House
Reserve with OpenTable
West House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Biddenden
Price range: US$86 - US$86
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Headcorn.
Reviewed 4 May 2016

We really enjoyed the tasting menu here. Six courses and all of them were a big hit with us. Each course had an interesting twist to it but avoided being either too twee or too ecsoteric. Friendly professional service added to our enjoyment. We were already planning a return trip as we drove away !

1  Thank jadeb

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

My daughter kindly took me to the West House for my birthday.
The restaurant is intimate and welcoming.
The staff were attentive and knowledgeable about the food and the wines.
We both had the taster menu which was absolutely wonderful.
The dishes were beautifully presented and the tastes were incredible.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting something special.

1  Thank caromci
Reviewed 24 April 2016

We had the tasting menu and wine (£90 per head), the food was absolutely superb! The duck tacos were a favourite as was the crunchie dessert. However, when you are paying £100 a head, you expect everything to be flawless and it wasn't. Got given still water, not sparkly. Had to ask for spoons and sugar for the after dinner coffee (hubby's tea came in a plastic picnic style teacup!!!). We asked for some bread to mop up the delicious juices for course three (sea trout) and as this must have depleted bread supplies, were given spoons for the equally juicy course four (pig) to stop us asking again! We were still hungry after our six courses and asked for some cheese and biscuits (which we were happy to pay for as extra) but was told there were no biscuits left but the chef would bake some if we waited 20 minutes. Hopefully none of the other diners wanted cheese and biscuits for pudding. We decided to underpay the 12.5% discretionary service charge by £18. This meant the staff only got a £30 tip as opposed to £48. This can't happen often judging on the shocked reaction although we still paid £420. Anyway, despite these few niggles we had a marvellous evening.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

This really is the jewel in Kents culinary crown. Once again we treated ourself adn family to a meal at the West House to celebrate a birthday.

Food is superb, I cannot stress enough, where else will you find, Toast Broth, smoked Ice cream and Malt Jelly.

Great atmosphere, out of this world food and wonderful service.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

My partner and I went to the West House last Sunday for lunch and decided on the tasting menu with wine.

My partner is extremely difficult to please food wise and with 6 courses I was expecting some form of criticism. However, on this occasion my partner did not make the slightest adverse comment and when she did speak about each dish it was only to praise it. A considerable amount of thought had gone into this menu and the matching of the wine with each course was exceptionally good.

The West House has a quite relaxed atmosphere and knowledgeably staff that made the whole experience a pleasure. We are looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank paulc4822016